1500 push army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 push army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 push army

1 bike captain w/ relic blade (165)

1 full bike squad (300)
    ... 2 meltaguns
    ... 1 power fist
    ... attack bike HB

1 full tactical squad w/ razorback (210)
    ... 1 melta-bomb

2 vindicators w/ seige shield (250)

1 redeemer w/ multi-melta (250)

1 full scout squad w/ ccw+pistols (175)
    ... 1 power fist
    ... 1 combi-flamer

1 scout bike squad of 5 (145)
    ... 1 power fist
    ... 1 GL

The LRR containing the scouts will be my main push.
    They will be supported by scout bikers and vindicators

A combat squad of 3 bikes and the attack bike will hold back, providingf coverfire, and zoom an objective.

The other five bikes will be my main anti-tank force, supported by the LRR after it unloads scouts.

The Captain will most likely ride with the tank-hunters, giving them fine cc potential.

The tac-squad will split, with the serg. and flamer running behind the vehicles, while the others provide fire support togerther with the razorback. The razor will allow these marines to go for objectives later.

Alternativly my scouts will outflank, and the serg/flamer unit will hug the LRR - making it a scoring unit.

My former army did not include scout bikes, and the vindicators would earn me a second LR with Assauæt Terms.

Please give me some feedback, as Im getting ready for a minor tournament.

---------- Post added at 02:26 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

I must add that I will hold my charge a round if I feel my LRR is somewhat safe. Ill do this to get extra prime time for my vindis and bring my bikes into optimal postitions.
    If however, my opponents list is very mobile, or is primarily in reserve, I will charge at first opportunity.

Im looking forward to pull a fisrt turn charge with my scout bikes, but I think this is easier said than done.

The role of my scout bikes is not to kill a howl enemy squad, but to hold em until help arrives. With the GL and powerfist, it may also act as a back-up tankhunter squad.

The tac sergs melta-bomb might go to the captain instead, but his relic blade and the hit-rear-armor-rule might be enough?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

OMG scouts in land raider, that is so cool! DO IT! I want to see the look on someone's face to see, not terminators with TH/SS, not vangaurd or command squad decked out for CC, no, not even tactical marines... ITS SCOUTS!

I.... kinda want to do that now, it sounds like so much fun! Those initiates get to ride in style.

Personaly I would run the tac squad with a Rhino because in a kill points game it will be so much better for you.

Are there any upgrades on the tactical squad or are they just running around with bolters and melta bombs... it looks like you have flamer there too, any heavy weapons, power fist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tac weilds a missile launcher and flamer, but no power fist. I could trade the melta bomb for a power weapon, while cutting the scout bike powerfist to a power weapon too.

Since the importance of troops have risen, I have though of the scouts as the best assault option. Don't know if Gulliman would agree that LR are for scouts.

I spend alot of time thinking abouyt the razor vs rhino, and I havent decided yet... glad to hear your comment on it.
    In a kill point mission, I would keep my tac squad together and use the razor to protect the flank of my vindicators (with the LRR on the other side).

Any comments on my tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just played with this army and won. It was a pitched kill point vs another marine, so the scout bikes had no valid target. They did however lock his only lascannon during the first round... then they became dreadnought food.

Pushing forward with two vindis and the LRR worked very well. The LRR soacked his assault cannons and melta (phew!) and during the six turns, I fired the vindis 4 and 5 times.

I lost my bike unit with the captain during his first turn, as I had moved them to far and to boldly... I'll learn from that one.

The scouts in the LRR finsihed his las cannon tac squad, but was then counter charged by his scout squad (emerging from a LRC!!!) lead by a chaplain.

My tac squad had set up in a high building, so I got 6 good shots with my missile launcher, all of them hit, but 3 of them did not penetrate the armor of my targets.

The LRR softened up his las tac, and then finished of another tac, that had been hit by a vindi. I also killed a dread.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

hmm.... I'm starting to think having Chaplain Cassius lead a squad of CC scouts in my crusader would be hillarious and probably cheaper and more practical then vangaurd.

As for your tactics it sees to be working good. Your list is definitly good for dealing with horde and marines alike. Vindis and Redeemers seem to be albe to kill almost anything (tho Redeemers may have problems with armor).

This list is very balanced, I like it.

+ Reply to Thread