1750 - Salamanders Drop List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 - Salamanders Drop List

*Updated*

HQ
    Vulkan He'stan - 190
    Captain Lysander - 200

Troops
    Tactical Squad 1 - 230
    9 Marines, 1 Sarge
    -Flamer
    -Multi-Melta
    -Power Fist
    -Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 2 - 230
    9 Marines, 1 Sarge
    -Flamer
    -Multi-Melta
    -Power Fist
    -Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 3 - 205
    9 Marines, 1 Sarge
    -Flamer
    -Multi-Melta
    -Drop Pod

Elites
    Sternguard Veteran Squad - 310
    9 Veterans, 1 Sarge
    -2x Melta Gun
    -2x Combi-Flamer
    -Melta Bombs (Left over points ftw?)
    -Drop Pod

Terminator Assult Squad - 200
    4 Terminators, 1 Sarge
    -Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Ironclad Dreadnought - 185
    -Heavy Flamer (CCW)
    -Heavy Flamer (Seismic Hammer)
    -Drop Pod

Total:
    1750 On the dot.

Lysander is going to be joining the Sternguards in a Pod, as and Vulkan is going to be with a Tactical Suqad, also in a Pod. Probably going to drop in 2 Tactical Squads and the Ironclad turn one. I'm fairly happy about how this list turned out, but any and all questions/comments/criticism is welcomed.

Last edited by Xaos778; March 1st, 2009 at 09:37.
    Salamanders WIP:
    W/L/D
    1/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

I like the list think the real proof will be once you ahve had a few games see how it goes, however think doing a 1500 pt list will be worth while too as most games played at this amount (as you probs know anyways )
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ironclad should have the HF / melta combo with all those flamers in your tac squads you could use some anti tank.

you should also get power fists in your drop squads. if you cant find the points for 3 get at least 2 of them with a power weapon on the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a multi-melta in each tac squad, 2 melta guns in the Sternguard squad, a multi-melta on the redeemer, and a seismic hammer to punch things with. How much anti tank does one really need? :p The power fists are not a bad idea however.
    Salamanders WIP:
    W/L/D
    1/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your redeemer will be gone first turn. whats the point in one unit starting on the field? in my opinion foolish waste. even for fluff purposes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

get master of the forge. then get 6 ironclad dreads and give them a melta and a flamer. give them the deathwind launcher for their drop pods. and get basic tac squads in drops to fill out the rest. ideally you want 9 drop pods. the deathwind launchers are there becasue its usually not worth it to waste a sqaud to fire on it so 6 of them will get to deall massive damage vs orcs, or at least fetch alot of of rolls (go for the genestealers!) the 6 ironclad dreds drop heavyflamers then assult the nearest tanks then tie up sqauds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bridle18 View Post
    your redeemer will be gone first turn. whats the point in one unit starting on the field? in my opinion foolish waste. even for fluff purposes
    Good point, but there was no need to be so harsh :p I really don't know what I would replace it with, though. Maybe Lysander in the Sternguard Squad, and 2 Power Fists in the Tactical Squads?
    Last edited by Xaos778; March 1st, 2009 at 09:33.
    Salamanders WIP:
    W/L/D
    1/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, sorry bud. didn't mean to sound so harsh. that actually sounds ok, but what about vulkan? if you include flamers and meltas, he's an ace in a hole. and yeah, combi flamers and meltas in the sternguard squad. They are awesome, especially with thier special ammo. oh, and don't worry about deathwind, not worth it unless you're doing the devestator bait combo. so don't, as you shouldn't be doing that if you're going all droppers. I run an army of all droppers with 3 tactical squads and 3 dreads with vulkan at 1250 pts. next thing added is sternguard to bring it up any. at higher pts levels you might want to switch vulkan for pedro and add a whack of sternguard. heavy flamers, combi weapons with special ammo? take anything down. dreadnoughts and sternguard are honestly the most fun units to drop onto people.

enough of that ranting now, try tigurius instead of lysander as well, his rerolls and phsycic mastery should do good for you
    Last edited by bridle18; March 1st, 2009 at 09:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bridle18 View Post
    haha, sorry bud. didn't mean to sound so harsh. that actually sounds ok, but what about vulkan? if you include flamers and meltas, he's an ace in a hole. and yeah, combi flamers and meltas in the sternguard squad. They are awesome, especially with thier special ammo. oh, and don't worry about deathwind, not worth it unless you're doing the devestator bait combo. so don't, as you shouldn't be doing that if you're going all droppers. I run an army of all droppers with 3 tactical squads and 3 dreads with vulkan at 1250 pts. next thing added is sternguard to bring it up any. at higher pts levels you might want to switch vulkan for pedro and add a whack of sternguard. heavy flamers, combi weapons with special ammo? take anything down. dreadnoughts and sternguard are honestly the most fun units to drop onto people.

enough of that ranting now, try tigurius instead of lysander as well, his rerolls and phsycic mastery should do good for you
    Well what I meant was using both Vulkan and Lysander. May not work so well with the fluff, but they're just great models. I don't plan on using any Deathwind Launchers on the Pods, they're a waste of points imo. I could only fit in two Combi-Flamers, and two Melta Guns into the Sternguards, or I might have had more in there.
    Last edited by Xaos778; March 1st, 2009 at 10:27. Reason: I can't type apparntly
    Salamanders WIP:
    W/L/D
    1/0/1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

deathwinds rule. try them en masse. with them you need a critical mass, same wioth dreds, the more dreads you have the stronger each one becomes. try a couple of lists, but i've never had a problem i couldn't deal with. (1 deathwind also got 14 boyz on time, howver its not that uncomman)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast