SM: 1850 tourny list for this weekend - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SM: 1850 tourny list for this weekend

Here is the list ill be running in an upcoming tourny. This list is fully painted to take advantage of painting scores. The only thing not painted in Salimanders colors are the landspeeders and 2 dreads. they are a variant color scheme however are fully painted. The list consists of a fully drop pod list at 1750 points. however i need to go to 1850 so i made a few changes and was able to get 140 pts for the 2 landspeeders.

HQ: 290 pts

Vulkan- 190
    MotF - 100

Troops: 700 pts

Tactical- 240
    -10 man
    -MM
    -Flamer
    sgt. PF/Combi flamer
    Drop Pod

Tactical- 240
    -10 man
    -MM
    -Flamer
    sgt. PF/Combi flamer
    Drop Pod

Tactical- 220
    -10 man
    -MM
    -Flamer
    sgt. PW
    Drop Pod

Elites: 720 pts

IronClad Dreadnought- 180
    -Seismic Hammer/melta
    -DCCW/Heavy Flamer
    -Drop Pod

-Seismic Hammer/melta
    -DCCW/Heavy Flamer
    -Drop Pod

-Seismic Hammer/melta
    -DCCW/Heavy Flamer
    -Drop Pod

-Seismic Hammer/melta
    -DCCW/Heavy Flamer
    -Drop Pod

Fast Attack: 140 pts

LandSpeeder Squadron- 140
    2x speeders Heavy flamer/MM

I usually put Vulcan with one of the Power Fist squads he will drop in using reserve. MotF will be attacked to the squad that has the power weapon. He is there mostly for the added dread. He can lend a hand in that squad if a PF is needed.

I was planning on running the speeders in 1 squad however if its better to run them alone i will. these guys are sort of untested in this army.

I combat squad in objective based games. KP i dont. I usually deploy the dreads first round and Drop the tac squads. depending on certain situations ill deploy the tac squads and drop the dreads first round and then drop the remaining pods empty.

Suggestions are very appreciated since this is my first tourny. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Personally I would focus more on troops, and less on dreadnoughts and more on troops. 4 tactical squads would have been more ideal...

Land speeders with multimelta or heavy flamer are useful, but both isn't a very good option. But attack bikes with multi meltas are better yet.

None of these however all that great in a drop pod list. Although you could make worse selections, thats for sure.

The master of the forge is wasted points in my opinion, your basically paying a huge amount of points to take 1 extra dreadnought.

It's probably too late to make much in the way of changes, I think you'll do ok, but I think your army would work better if you focused more on troops.

Good Hunting.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually forged its come to my attention that i need to shed 100 pts i messed up and thought it was 1850. So my first act will be to remove the speeders.

If i removed the Motf and 1 dread that leaves me 320 points to play with. What would you suggest ? i do have another tac squad and drop pod painted up. I also have an assault squad as well.

its a competitive build so what do you suggest ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

I would go with the tactical squad.

Upgrade the power sword to a powerfist. I'd have half my combi weapons be melta.

That brings you to 1700 with 3 dreadnoughts, 1 vulkan, and 4 tactical squads. Now you could either go with a landspeeder or attack bikes to fill the rest of the points.

I'd probably go for a lone attack bike with multi melta, if you can manage that. If not, one Multi Melta landspeeder, I suppose you'll want to remove the flamer.

Also, I've found with the 5 man squads, saving your combi weapons is often pointless, if you didn't get the ideal targte, it's ok, pop them anyway, the close combat sections of the tactical squads won't last that long.

Peace.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have 300 plus points left over, go for sternguard. combi flamers and meltas. combat squad as soon as they drop in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 5 sternguard i could mix in with reg marines to make a SG squad. If i drop the Dread, pod and MoTF that leaves me 320 points to spare.

Taking forged advice of adding more infantry. this might be a good way to go ? Never really used the SG quad yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put them in a drop pod with combi flamers and meltas, cmobat squad so meltas can shoot tanks, flamers troops. you've never seen so much destruction before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

I'm not a big fan of sternguard, but if you really want them, remember you'd also have to remove a dreadnought to make room for them.

If you use stern guard, make sure you always use them against infantry. You can pop tanks with other units for a lot less points.

Stern guard are nice of course, but in my opinion they are better units in a gun line army, such as imperial fists. Or in larger point cost games.

Typically if I was going to include sternguard I would make them the focal point of the army.

I'm not really a big fan of IronClads either, I feel their larger point cost is a disadvantage compared to standard dreadnoughts, when drop poding, because of short distance to the opponent - to many excelent anti tank weapons at 12 inch range. Also the melta range is reduced, that can be annoying in the case of bad scatters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

+ Reply to Thread