Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi guys, I wanted to get your input on my army so far (it's only about half painted). I have some questions about it at the end. Anyways, here is the list of what I have,
- Librarian in Terminator armour
- Chaplain (old Chaplain Xavier model) I hacked off his crozius and gave him a plasma pistol.
- Captain from AoBR
- 10 shooty terminators (2 sergeants)
- AoBR Dread
- Old Dread writh autocannon
Well that's what I have so far. I hope to be getting the new codex in the next week or so once I get my tax refund. Here are the few questions that I have:
- 9 Man Tactical squad with sergeant, ML and flamer
- 9 Man Tactical squad with sergeant, ML and Flamer
- 9 Man Tactical squad with sergeant and meltga gun
- 9 Man Tactical squad with sergeant
- 5 CC scouts with sergeant
I'm going to be playing at the local GW store, and the games are 1750-2000 pts, so going by my 3rd Ed. codex, I'm going to need to field as many models as I can to reach this level. Also, I'd appreciate any recommendations on where to expand my force. I'm tempted to add an assault squad, but they don't really fit with Salamanders. Possibly a Devestator squad.
- I'd like to include my chaplain (he's my favorite model), but I think the captain might fit in better with my army as it is, since I don't really have any assault units.
- How exactly do combat squads work? And can terminators combat squad? I know I could field 2 squads of terminators, but I like dreads, and I'd like to field both of them.
Thanks in advance,
No comments? I'd like some advice on options on where to shore things up? Is the lack of transports something to worry about? I'd also love to hear about some fluffy additions to this army.
I noticed you have 3 HQ choices. I don't have the 3rd ed codex but in 5th you are only allowed to take 2. Not sure if thats a problem for you
If so, maybe spend the points from dropping a non-chalpain (I'm assuming you want to keep him in there) on buying better gear for your squads (lascannons, assault cannons, meltabombs, power weapons, etc) and upgrading the captain/librarian to He'stan (a grey knight terminator works well for this conversion)
85 points for 3 scoutbikes with meltabombs and cluster mines has worked well for me in the past aswell (tank hunters with infiltrate and scouts that can charge just about anything first turn).
You can combat squad terminators, but in that case its one squad and only has 1 segeant.
Last edited by syserr2012; March 3rd, 2009 at 17:38. Reason: choice allocation, suggest another dread but you have 3 elites already
Thanks for the replies guys. I know I have too many HQs. This is just a listing of what I have available to me right now. If I end up adding an assault squad, I'm definately going to get a chaplain with a jump pack. I might even try to get my hands on another Xavier model to convert, since he is such a cool-looking model. But for now, it's just a matter of getting everything painted, and getting some experience to see what I'm missing.