Welcome to Librarium Online!
Just running my list through here cause Army builder is giving me weird errors.
Digital Weapons, Terminator Armor, Annointed Weapon, Storm Shield
3x Acolyte, 2x Vet Guardsman w/ Flamers
Brother Captain w/ Nemesis Force Weapon, Psycannon, Sacred Incense
Grey Knght Terminators x3 Nemesis Force Weapons, Storm Bolter
CCW & Combi-Needle Pistol, Psycannon Bolts
2x Sage, 2x Mystic, 1x Vet Guardsman w/ Plasmagun, 1x Gun Servitor w/ Plasmacannon
Rhino w/ Extra Armor and Smoke
9x Trropers w/ 2 Meltagun
Sarge w/ Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs, Auspex, Targeter
Rhino Extra Armor and Smoke
9x Trropers w/ 2 Plasmagun
Sarge w/ Combi-Plasma, Melta Bombs, Auspex, Targeter
Rhino, Extra Armor and Smoke
9x Guardsmen w/Grenade Launcher and Missle Launcher team
Sarge w/Lasgun, Surveyor
Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader
Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Hurricane TL Bolters
Psycannon Bolts, Sacred Hull, Smoke
So i'm trying to keep it as puritan as possible including not taking any psychic powers.
The Lord and retinue and Terminators roll in the LRC and cause as much CC havoc as possible while everyone else rains firepower down.
Last edited by sc0rn; March 6th, 2009 at 03:42. Reason: unit changes
Check the note in the sidebar on page 32 of your codex. You can't take a LRC without a GK Hero in one of your HQ slots. That's probably the error in question.
Just change your "heavy" GKTermies to an HQ unit + retinue and I think it should work fine.
Awesome. fixed that and shuffled them up to HQ.
Any other glaring problems?
Well, I'd think about picking 1 role for the IST vets and sticking to it. If they're getting a power weapon, get them a bolt pistol so they gain an extra attack. Or upgrade to a power fist since that S3 power weapon by itself is pretty wimpy. Or drop the CC entirely and get a combi-weapon to match the squad's specials.
Squeezing in a psychic hood on the Inq Lord or the BC would be helpful, too. And could still fit the puritan theme I think. Deny the enemy the ability to handily wield the warp.
Points permitting, getting the bodybags, -er Acolytes, some armor would help them soak more wounds. And the mystic in the lord's ret doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot since it only give shooting attacks for the Lord's ret which has basically no shooting. Swap him and the acolyte in the elite Inq's ret and I think you'll find it works a bit better.
You can always trim an IST or two if you need some more free points.
ok all feedback taken in an stuffed into the list with two exceptions:
1. I'm on the side of the debate where Psycannon bolts do indeed work in hurricane bolters. If an opponent disagrees too strongly i can just drop the upgrade.
2. Instead of a third Storm Trooper squad, I put in an Armored Fist squad for flavor and template goodness.
Hows it look now?
(btw thanx for all the input so far all. much appreciated)
Just a note on the plasmacannon... you cannot fire it from the rhino if the rhino moved at all that turn. It's a heavy weapon, and the passengers will count as having moved. Personally, I just wouldn't give them a transport at all if you're slapping a plasmacannon on them. I'd also probably change up the plasmaguns to heavy bolters since you already have a heavy in the squad. then up the Inquisitor to carry a full-on psycannon. That gives you a strong all-around dakka squad. You would lose a bit on the weapon strength though.
The Armored Fist Squad is required to have a transport, so you have to add in the points for that, too.
You also run into 2 problems with the Land Raider Crusader.
1) You cannot embark both the inquisitor's group and the terminators. It's one or the other. No transport can carry more then 1 unit and it's attached ICs. You could drop the Inquisitor ret and join him to the termie squad though. Maybe beef up thier model count while you're at it.
2) if someone wanted to get picky, the rules for the crusader specify that it can only carry grey knights, and grey knight terminators. The normal Land Raider the Inquisitor can take as a dedicated transport simply restricts it to "models"
On the ISTs, I'm not sure off-hand if you're buying the Targeters for the vets. You don't have to. They come standard on every single stormtrooper model already.
As for Ungents, it's really a not bad thing. It offers a save that can be stacked with Aegis or a hood. However, I'd highly reccommend a Hood instead. the Hood works for the entire army, not just 1 unit, and it can stop enemy buffing powers as well like Warptime, Guide, and Doom. If you face a lot of psykers, then ungents could be worth investing in as well, but I'd snag a Hood first.
Overall the list seems a bit paunchy to me... None of the squads have any real flexibility to them but they're not tooled up for anything specific either, and those that are are wargear heavy and don't look too effective. That =I= Lord retinue as well; Assaulty Lords rarely impress at the best of times and I'd feel fairly confident of wiping that one out with a Tactical Squad. A few ideas:
* Dump the =I= Lord retinue and pump the points into your GKT squad. There are ways to make the Lord more effective in CC (hidden powerfist servitors, Eversor assassin supporting) but they're just not points-efficient; getting a proper CC unit in there to do a proper CC job is better. I'd suggest making the BC a GM and sticking another psycannon in the retinue. If they're assaulting out of a Land Raider they're not going to miss the psycannon's Heavy option and 3 more S6 shots going into an assault is never a bad thing.
* The Elite =I= retinue is all over the place. I'd either specialise it as a heavy firepower squad (dump the Guardsman and Rhino, give the =I= a psycannon, and stick 2 heavy bolter servitors in there alongside the Sages and Mystics) and let it sit and provide a static fire-base; or, if you really, REALLY want that =I= Lord to be assaulty, I'd swap it for a CC load-out (3 Acolytes, a few CC upgrades for the =I=, 3 powerfist servitors) and have it support the Lord retinue. The first load-out will give your opponent yet another target to worry about (6 heavy bolter shots, 3 psycannon shots and a plasma cannon will give most infantry units the jibblies) and will likely draw a lot of attention when it starts cutting down his footsloggers, whereas the second just gives your Lord a bit more punch in Assault.
* ISTs in a box are probably the worst anti-armour option for any DH list; worse still now that vehicles can Ram other vehicles giving an opponent yet another option with which to dispose of the flimsy Rhino before it can bring the meltaguns to bear. Swap the meltas (definitely) and/ or the plasmas (maybe) for grenade launchers and make them footslog. If you're feeling a bit light on the anti-armour front simply swap the LRC for a regular LR; it's also an Assault Vehicle, but it has 2 twin-linked lascannons and PotMS and you rarely miss the Assault Launchers in my experience.
* If you're inducting Guard why not just bite the bullet and wedge a whole Infantry Platoon in there? :-o Even if you only take the bare minimum of 2 infantry and a command squad you've still got the potential for 3 heavy weapons teams and a lot more scope to hold objectives. Support them with your ISTs and they should do just fine. Something to consider if you decide to send your =I= to support the =I= Lord in assault.
Couple points I missed:
1) If you keep an Inquisitor Lord, they are required to have some sort of retinue. So if you really want an assault Inquisitor, I'd make the Lord a shooty squad and send his padawan buddy into CC instead (you can give him all the CC kit and shack him up with the termies)
2) Ramming is possible, but vehicles also got a lot tougher in general, especially with DH smoke launchers still reducing all pens to mere glances. The melta-rhino squad should do fine, and the rhino provides extra LOS control and mobility over footslogging, and the meltas help the typically very lacking DH anti-tank.
3) An infantry platoon is neat. But it does have the drawback of being worth a minimum of 4 Kill Points (1 per squad +1 for the officer). I'd stick to the fist squads. If you need more firepower, you can always turn the chimera into a pillbox (multi-laser, heavy bolter, pintle heavy stubber).
I've not got my book infront of my but i'm fairly sure that the acolytes come sans equipment. Also - if you are going CC then a familiar won't go amiss for the improved I.
You could add a couple of members to the GKT squad for the cost of the lord though.