1500 point SMs built solely from Assault on Black Reach? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point SMs built solely from Assault on Black Reach?

I'm a bit new to these forums (I'm from Warseer). I'm looking for a good competitive 1500 point Space Marine list built from just Assault on Black Reach. I was told I can get a good list established from 2 Assault on Black Reach boxes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what I did except i bought a rhino and assault marines
    Also depends on what chapter your taking
    pts in rough terms(with stuff)
    2 HQ=300
    2 10xmarines-350
    2 dreads-220
    2 5xterminators-440

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I dont think you can use one of those elites, only 3 per 2k points.

So you'd probably have to use one of those HQs up being a master of the forge if you want to use all of them, and just put one of the commanders as a unit sarg or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Regardless of how you run force organization (you will need to tweak things, considering normally you can only take 3 elites like was said above), you'll have a lot of room for upgrades.

Figure out how you want to balance your army. Personally I would take an assault cannon and cyclone missile launcher (one for each squad) with the terminators. Also, if you have extra points give the Dreadnoughts extra armor and some more nifty weapons (unless multi-meltas work best). You can also jack up your HQ to fairly insane levels too. To put it simply, there isn't enough in just two Assault Boxes to build a great 1500 army, but you can do it if you stick enough upgrades on them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

To get all your elites into the army you have 2 options.
    1. Make one of your HQs a Master of the forge to move the dreads to Heavy Support.
    2. Use the terminators as a 10 man squad but combat squad them.
    If you ask around other space marine players you can often beg unused bits from them. For example if a freind made 5 terminators and used the heavy flamer arm then he may give you the assault cannon and cyclone launcher that you can convert up yourself onto black reach figures.

For a decent army I would ditch the second HQ and buy a couple of heavy support units such as preds or vindicators. The space marine battle force may be a better bet than one of the black reach sets for you.

Also considder making the 2 plastic black reach HQs into tac squad seargents with power swords and then just buy a blister pack containing your chosen HQ (Librarian, Sicarus, Terminator chaplin etc).
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've decided to buy 2 battleforce boxes to complete the list.

+ Reply to Thread