New to Witch Hunters, 1850 list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Witch Hunters, 1850 list!

I chose this army because I fell in love with two models in particular;

-Sisters Repentia
    -Penitent Engines

The list I have so far goes;

Cannoness 100
    -Blessed Weapon
    -Litanies of Faith

Celestians 158
    -Veteran
    -Heavy flamer
    -Flamer

Priest 71
    -Carapace
    -shotgun
    -Eviscerator

Arco-flagellents(6) 210

Sisters Repentia(19) 410
    -
    Mistress

2x Sisters of Battle(15) 388
    -Veteran
    -Plasma pistol

2x Penitent Engines(3) 480

1817/1850 = 33 remaining points?

Intimidation factor was a big push for me, 19 str6 power weapons and 6 penitent engines should have quite a bit shaken-in-their-booties.

Truthfully I know nothing about this and would like some advice, involving penitent engines and repentia. Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited by Hurtinator; March 10th, 2009 at 05:55.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you run into a shooty army your going to have to use alot of cover to get close.....Accro Flags the Repentia and the Pet engines all have a hard time with incoming fire..

Maybe get some rihnos for your sisters to make moving shield walls..
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Ok here goes, my replies are in blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtinator View Post
    I chose this army because I fell in love with two models in particular;

-Sisters Repentia
    -Penitent Engines

I too fell in love with this army for a particular unit, the Vindicare assassin, then i learned that he could be taken with other armies and that he isnt so good, same story with you for the repentia and engines unfortunately.
    The list I have so far goes;

Cannoness 100
    -Blessed Weapon
    -Litanies of Faith

Celestians 158
    -Veteran
    -Heavy flamer
    -Flamer

Priest 71
    -Carapace
    -shotgun
    -Eviscerator

Ok two things with the priest, first off you can't take two two-handed weapons, you can take up to two weapons and only one can be two handed. Secondly drop the shotgun for something that actually hurts, like a fart, jk. The shotgun is probably one of the most worthless weapons in the game, even more so than the storm bolter. In my opinion take a bolt pistol or plasma pistol instead in order to keep the eviscerator.

Oh and another thing, is the priest attached to anyone or off on his own? i would recommend attaching him to someone you wouldnt mind getting stuck into close combat with.
    Arco-flagellents(6) 210

the down side of the arcos is that they tend to kill themselves because of their drugs, yes they are deadly in CC and some people can use them effectively. I dont use them cause i know my enemy would focus fire on them as they ran up the field and would be dead before getting to the line.
    Sisters Repentia(19) 410
    -Mistress

The repentia have the same problem as the arcos in that the enemy (if they know what your units can do) will focus fire and rip them to shreads since their armor save is horrible. Even if you manage to get into CC (and thats a big if) they all attack last and when combined with the horrible armor save wont last long.

I would recommend using a unit of Zealots with Fanatics and a Demagogue if you want a foot squad with some CC hurt. They have more bodies that can be sacrificed before you have to start taking away your four "hidden" eviscerators. Plus since the fanatics and demagogue have more than one attack per person they have the same number of eviscerator hits as a squad of repentia and then some.
    2x Sisters of Battle(15) 388
    -Veteran
    -Plasma pistol

2x Penitent Engines(3) 480

Penitent engines are cool looking models (i have three) and even i will play with them when im screwing around. The problem with them is that they are fragile. Open topped, low AV and no smoke make them relatively easy to take out. Expect one to die every turn against a normal skilled commander. They have the same problem as the repentia and arcos in that they will get shot to sh!t before getting anywhere. True you have six so they could make it to the lines depending on the terrain but still they would have to run all the way over there and survive the trip.
    1817/1850 = 33 remaining points?

Intimidation factor was a big push for me, 19 str6 power weapons and 6 penitent engines should have quite a bit shaken-in-their-booties.

Truthfully I know nothing about this and would like some advice, involving penitent engines and repentia. Thanks ahead of time!
    In the end its your army that you will be fielding and if you truely love the models for the repentia and engines then more power to you and i hope you can make them work for you. Who knows after playing with them for a bit you will become really good at maneuvering and faking moves that you will be able to shred an opponent.

Most importantly have fun with your army and play to have fun. Some people play to win and will even go so far to cheat to do it. Yes winning is fun but its kindve a hollow win if you and your opponent didnt have fun. I have made many friends while killing them or getting killed by them just cause we joke around on what is happening.

Edit: Whoot whoot go master chief (117 posts)
    Last edited by Lord Scave; March 11th, 2009 at 02:02. Reason: 117 posts

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed with above Witch Hunters is not a power gamers army.....

but there are lots of ways to have fun....explore the different assassins they are never really worth the points but the ways the mess with your opponents head is worth the points
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to do something like this with my witch hunters. If u want it to be successful get 2 inquisitors and take 2 land raider with smoke and extra armor an use them to shield it arcos, repentia, and penitents. That should get them in unscathed! Make sure u attached priest to repentia causae they are ws 4 and that's decent but not good enough. Also take note arcos only follow the stimulint rule until u activate them! Good luck and may the power of faith guide you!

+ Reply to Thread