2500 Point Black Templar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

2500 Point Black Templar

So I have been putting together my Black templar army and this is mostly a combination of what I have with what I will likely get. If there are things I don't have that I should I would like to know. I would also like the flexability to switch between Black Templar and Codex Space Marines, so if there are things that I should have in case I decide to play some normal marines that would be good to know as well.

Marshall--114
    -Boltpistol, Powerweapon, Terminator Honours, Furious Charge.

Command Squad--235 (unit not completed yet)
    -10 marines with boltpistols/CCW, Sargent with powerfist, Apothricary.

Emperors Champion--140
    -Accept Any Challenge.

Dreadnought--130 (not converted to heavy flamer yet, arms interchangable)
    -Venerable, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer.

Terminators--240 (don't have the Assault Cannons yet)
    -Two Assault Cannons

Assault Terminators--215 (magnitized to be either weapon type)
    -4 lightning claws terminators, 1 thunderhammer, furious charge.

Crusader Squad--252x3 (I have two squads with 10 intiates and 4 neophytes)
    -10 intiates, 6 neophytes, flamer, power weapon, frag grenades.

Cruasder Squad--105x2 (Don't have the plasmagunner put together yet)
    -5 initiates, lascannon, plasmagun.

Crusader Squad--100 (again no plasmagun)
    -5 initiates, missle launcher, plams gun.

Vindicator--125 (I have two rhinos from my DaemonHunters that I think I am going to repaint and pick up demolisher turrets for and set up so they can look like the fit both armies)x2

Predidtor Destuctor--110 (I painted my friends chaos preditor for him and so the colors don't quite match (it is highlit with red instead of white) but I can use is whenever I like).

*I also have an assault squad that I am working on magnitizing the jump packs for so that I can use them either way I see fit. For now they are acting as my third CC crusader squad. Every thing that isn't put togther I can pretty easily proxy with my greyknights which my friends allow (and encourage as we switch up armies and codicies frequently, and don't have the right models for every list). I am infact the only stickler with an almost WYSIWYG list.

So does my list look alright? Do I need to get anything else or should I continue purchasing until my list is set?

And am I missing any key elements if I want to play normal marines? (I have an extra tac squad (may even two) that is painted very differently so I can meet the minimum troop requirements for a non-templar list).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

So I played this army the other day and put up a battle report for it here.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ar-w-pics.html (2500 Nids vs. Black Templar w/pics)

The game went alright, and I think if I would switched where I deployed my assault terminators and my dreadnought I would have won instead of drawing. However I did not think I got a whole lot out of the following

plasma guns in my 5 man crusader squads.
    Preditor
    Either Vindicator
    My dread did almost nothing, but normally I think dreads are effective.

Should I drop these for something else or would they have done more against a non-tyranid list. (the vindicators just don't seem that great with short range when they are killing models that die very quickly to bolters). And I didn't really like the preditor because it can't move and fire effectively. Plasma I think only added one wound to a monsterous creature though the game, which didn't seem like it was worth the points, but I also couldn't kill all of the mosterous creatures, so I might want to keep them because every wound on them is so valueable.

I didn't need it, but I also think that giving my Marshall Lightning claws helps him out immensly. any other changes that would have helped, or would help in the future would be appreciated. thanks.

+ Reply to Thread