2000pts Radical DH b/w allied Smurfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

2000pts Radical DH b/w allied Smurfs

Turns out the Radicals aren't as gimpy as I thought...

HQ
    Inquisitor Lord w/ Icon, Master-crafted Lightning Claws, Word Of The Emperor, Hammerhand
    3x Combat Servitors
    3x Familiar
    3x Acolyte w/ Incinerator
    2x Hierophant

Elites
    Death Cult Assassins x3
    Callidus Assassin
    Daemonhost x3

Troops
    IST x7, 2x grenade launcher
    Tactical squad +5, plasma gun, missile launcher, Sergeant w/ storm bolter, Razorback w/ twin-linked lascannon
    Tactical squad +5, plasma gun, missile launcher, Sergeant w/ storm bolter, Razorback w/ twin-linked lascannon
    Scout Squad +5 w/ Sgt Telion, camo cloaks, sniper rifles & Hellfire heavy bolter

Heavy Support
    Space Marine Land Raider

2000pts bang-on, though I have a few ideas how to cut it down to 1500 or even 1000. Between the Lord retinue (who will ride in the Land Raider), the Assassins and the Daemonhosts I think I have all the CC powah I'd need to cause most people problems. Alongside that I have 4 twin-linked lascannons, two missile launchers to provide either blasts or more AA firepower, snipers galore, a funky venom-spitting heavy bolter and potentially 8 scoring units with this Combat Squads thing. Also there's ISTs with grenade launchers, but they're mostly just there to fulfil the mandatory force org requirements.
    It's all kosher as far as I can see, though I might have miscalculated the Lord's wargear values because I was doing it from memory, and it looks fairly solid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Very interesting army. It's kind of a 'tweener army. Not really great at shooting nor assault. You have some long range shooting (TLLC's, snipers, ML's), but not enough mid-range due to small number of troops. Hordes or shooty armies will give you problems here. In close combat, your HQ is a beast (though your Inq will wound MEQ's on 5's and your servitors attack at I1), however I don't see much help behind them. The assassins, while good in cc, are fragile. Daemonhosts are awesome but vulnerable to mass fire and a bit unreliable sometimes when it comes to their powers.

I would give your Tact squads either Power Fist or Power Weapon to help out your Inq + retinue if necessary. If you choose Power Weapon, keep the bolt pistol for the +1A. I would also give your stormies plasma guns to help out against MEQ's. This way, they can also take out lightly armored transports also.

What would also be interesting is to switch out your Callidus for a Vindicare. Vindicare + Telion would scare the heck out of your opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Some good points here, cheers jy. I've redone the list a bit because I'm really not happy with the Lord being assaulty; 5's to wound on a model that costs almost as much as a Grandmaster is not good. I'm keeping the Callidus though; having her pop out of polymorphine to support 3 Daemonhosts and 3 outflanking DCAs is something I want to try.

EDIT: New list:

HQ - 180
    Inquisitor Lord w/ Psycannon, Targeter, Auspex
    3x Heavy Bolter Servitors
    2x Sage
    2x Mystic

Elites - 370
    Death Cult Assassins x2
    Callidus Assassin
    Daemonhost x2

Troops - 905
    Tactical squad +5, plasma gun, lascannon, Sergeant w/ power weapon/ pistol, Razorback w/ twin-linked plasma gun and lascannon & extra armour
    Tactical squad +5, plasma gun, lascannon, Sergeant w/ power weapon/ pistol, Razorback w/ twin-linked plasma gun and lascannon & extra armour
    Scout Squad w/ Sgt Telion, sniper rifles & Hellfire heavy bolter

Fast Attack -
    Assault Squad +5, Sergeant w/ power fist

Heavy Support - 330
    Dreadnought w/ Assault Cannon, heavy flamer instead of storm bolter & extra armour in a Drop Pod
    Predator w/ heavy bolter sponsons & Sgt Chronus

The Assault Squad are for CC support amongst the Troops (the Sergeant has a powerfist because I have a powerfist jump pack Sergeant spare xP ). I don't fancy having them follow the Hosts in case they get Pinned or Blood Boiled; the Dread, DCAs, Callidus and Daemonhosts are for aggressive CC since the Assassins don't need to worry about Pinning tests and Blood Boil won't affect their invulnerable saves/ AV. The Tact squads are splitting into combat squads; one containing the plasma gun and lascannon to sit and shoot, another with the sergeant to hop in the Razorback and do some roving. Still got 4 lascannons and CC but now I've also got a few heavy bolters, autocannons and whatnot to provide some mid-range shooting.
    Last edited by Frank Fugger; March 15th, 2009 at 20:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you cant put space marines in a radical army mate

+ Reply to Thread