Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've recently been trying to formulate a larger list than I'd usually use (I primarily play 1000pt games), and I've run into a few issues.
Here is my "core" list, which, I'd like to change as little as possible, if at all:
Sternguard Veteran Squad
++Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
This comes in at 1025 Points.
My usual 1000pt list is basically the above, minus the Sternguard Heavy Flamer and Tactical Power Weapons, and the Tactical Plasma Cannons swapped with Lascannons.
I'd like to keep this part, as it reflects my developing Fluff well (Heavy Plasma usage, kitted-out Sternguard as an Entourage for my Commander), but in swapping out my Lascannons for Plasma, I have virtually no Anti-Tank at all. Two Power Fists and 2 Combi-Meltas aren't going to cut it.
So I've come to you guys for this: I need to deck out the remaining force by putting some serious Armour-Cracking units on the table, as well as more boots on the ground. 31 Marines is not enough when the points are raised above 1000. And I'm planning on making a 1500 list, and something that would stand up alright in a standard Tournament setting (1750/1850/2000?).
I was thinking of some ideas that I'd like to try. Advice is very welcome. Here are my Brainstorming results:
- Drop-Podding the entire army, or the majority (I'm quite fond of this, as it suits my Fluff. I'm still not sure about AT tough)
- A 10 man Devastator Squad, with either 4 Missile Launchers, or 3 Missile Launchers and 1 Lascannon (Combat Squaded if necessary)
- Another Dreadnought. Kitted with TL Lascannon and Extra Armour, perhaps a Missile Launcher depending on points.
- Another Sternguard Squad, 5 or 6 Man, with 2 Lascannons (These fill a similar role to the Devestators, on the home objective, but count as Scoring)
- A third Tactical Squad, either the same as the others, or with another loadout. Not sure though.
- A Predator or 2. I'm not sure of the loadout though.
Thats just my ideas. Feel free to take em' apart. Keep in mind my Plasma fetish, and that I'm quite attached to my Sternguard ^_^.