1500 pt, General Play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt, General Play

Getting back into WH40k, decided to go with Space Marines this time around. Toying with following list:

HQ - Captain - Lightning Claw, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack - 160

Troops - Tact Squad - 10 Marines, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant Melta Bombs + Rhino, Dozer Blade - 215 pts

Troops - Tact Squad - 10 Marines, Flamer, Multi-Melta, Sergeant Melta Bombs + Rhino, Dozer Blade - 215 pts

Elite - Term Squad - 5 Terms, Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chainfist x 5 + Land Raider, Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta, Extra Armour - 570 pts

Elite - Dreadnought - Default - 105 pts

Heavy - Whirlwind - Storm Bolter - 95pts

Heavy - Vindicator - Storm Bolter, Siege Shield - 135 pts

Total: 1495 pts

Thanks in advance for all the constructive feedback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

That's an expensive Terminator Squad! Also, you can't take the Assault Cannon AND the Cyclone Missile Launcher, I'd go for the Assault Cannon.

I'd lose the Jump Pack from the Captain, there's no Jump Troops for him to join - he won't last long. The Tactical Squads are solid, very flexible.

The Vindicator'll get an awful lot of attention from most opponents, which is great - less firepower against your troops. I think I'd lose the Whirlwind and replace with some Scouts as you are a bit low on troops.

Definitely the bones of a solid army here, good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alvenom View Post
    That's an expensive Terminator Squad! Also, you can't take the Assault Cannon AND the Cyclone Missile Launcher, I'd go for the Assault Cannon.

I'd lose the Jump Pack from the Captain, there's no Jump Troops for him to join - he won't last long. The Tactical Squads are solid, very flexible.

The Vindicator'll get an awful lot of attention from most opponents, which is great - less firepower against your troops. I think I'd lose the Whirlwind and replace with some Scouts as you are a bit low on troops.

Definitely the bones of a solid army here, good work!
    Hey, thanks for the great feedback! I must have misread the codex in regards to the terminators heavy weapons, so thanks for that heads up! I'll definitely make some tweaks off your feedback, much appreciated!

Keep it coming folks, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread