First SM list 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

First SM list 1000 points

Eldarish style of Eldar player. Here we go.

HQ

Librarian 125
    Jump Pack; Infinity Gate; Null Zone

TROOPS

Tactical Squad 205
    Power Fist; Plasma Gun; Plasma Cannon

Tactical Squad 205
    Power Fist; Plasma Gun; Plasma Cannon

Tactical Squad 185
    Power Weapon; Flamer; Missile Launcher

FAST ATTACK

5 Vanguard Veterans 140
    Relic Blade

Land Speeder Tornado 70
    Heavy Flamer; Multi-Melta

Land Speeder Tornado 70
    Heavy Flamer; Multi-Melta

40 guys counting two pilots of each land speeder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looks good to me mate!! You've covered alot of posts with this list so you should be alright against hoard of armoured enemies.

i'll give it my pennies worth though lol.......
    I'd give the Tactical squad with the flamer a transport just to give you a a few more tactical options and it'll help you for capturing objectives and what not. Not sure where you'd get the points from though. Maybe loose a powerfist perhapse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should point out that since the Librarian does not have heroic intervention, joining him to the Vanguard will prevent them from doing it too.
    "Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

The librarian does not need to choose his powers yet, he instead chooses them during deployment.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the five vanguards are only 140 points, then they don't have jump packs.

Without a transport, those relic blades are not going to see much action, unless they get assaulted, but no one, except for maybe genestealers, would charge a unit like that.

If the vanguard don't have jump packs, and your tactical marines are all walking, then why does the librarian have a jump pack? He's not powerful enough to go running off on his own to assault, I've found he does much better in a utility role.

Now I'm a big fan of gate, mostly for moving sternguard and tactical marines to rapidfire and capture objectives, respectively. What is he going to move with gate? Unless you plan to deepstrike just him, which would result in a great deal of firepower turning on your librarian, who would just sit there.

The landspeeders are fine, they'll be zippy little tank killers, but I don't see how the rest of your army is going to work together as a cohesive force.

Playing with this list, I'd feel too stuck, it seems to lack mobility. My suggestion would be some transports, at least something for the vanguard, as they will be shot to death in the open. Cutting the jump pack from the librarian would give you some more points to work with.

But hey, that's just my opinion right?

(edited for improved readability)

+ Reply to Thread