1500 pure and 1500 mixed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

1500 pure and 1500 mixed

So, I've decided to be a masochist and start a daemonhunters army. I'm currently tossing around some army ideas, and would like some input from more experienced Grand Masters. I want to have one pure army and one with an Inquisitor and assassin, perhaps some stormtroopers, for looks. the mixed list is more for looks and fun, the pure is for playing slightly competitive (I'm not that serious).

First up are two pure grey knights lists, i'm not sure which would be better

Quote Originally Posted by List 1
    Grand Master with Nemesis Force Weapon, Psycannon and Psychic Hood
    5 Grey Knights Terminators retinue, 1 Psycannon
    450 pts

9 Grey Knights, including Justicar with auspex and targetter (just points fillers)
    253 pts

9 Grey Knights, including Justicar with auspex and targetter (just points fillers)
    253 pts

253 pts

Grey Knights Dreadnought, with TLLC and ML, extra armour
    145 pts

Grey Knights Dreadnought, with TLLC and ML, extra armour
    145 pts

total 1499 pts.
    Quote Originally Posted by List 2
    Grand Master with Nemesis Force Weapon, Psycannon and Psychic Hood
    5 Grey Knights Terminators retinue, 1 Psycannon
    450 pts

10 Grey Knights, including Justicar
    275 pts

10 Grey Knights, including Justicar
    275 pts

Grey Knights Land Raider
    250 pts

Grey Knights Land Raider
    250 pts

total 1500 pts
    I'm not really a fan of dreadnoughts, my death guard dread usually never survives past turn 1, so the land raiders should last me longer, however, being a death guard player first and foremost, i'm a firm believer in more troops, which the dreads give me. your thoughs on this?

and for the mixed list, this is very open to suggestions, keeping in mind it's not ultra competitive, but for looks and fun:

Quote Originally Posted by List 3
    Grand Master, NFW, Storm Bolter
    4 Grey Knights Terminators retinue
    329 pts

5 Grey Knights, including Justicar
    150 pts

150 pts

150 pts

Grey Knights Dreadnought with TLLC and ML
    140 pts

5 Teleport Attack Grey Knights, including justicar with meltabombs and 2 incinerators
    175 pts

Inquisitor with bolter and Scourging
    Acolyte with bolter and carapace armour, Sage, Sage, Gun Servitor with Multi Melta
    110 pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with 1 grenade launcher, including veteran with melta bombs and Teleport Homer
    Rhino
    185 pts

Vindicare Assassin
    110 pts

total 1499 pts
    There, I have no idea how bad this list might suck, but the vindicare looks fun, sniping powerfists, or those nasty thousand sons asiring champions and such. Feel free to rip it apart

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

List #1 & #2 are both good. I normally use a similar list to #2, though against armies that can penetrate armor easily (i.e. Dark Eldar which I'm going to play soon), I'd go with #1.

As with #3, you should either dedicate your Inq to cc or shooty. Doesn't seem as if you're sure what you want to do with it. If you're cc, you don't need 2 sages. If you're shooty, you need more guns. Personally I'd make him shooty and get 1 mystic, 2 sages, 3 warriors with a combination Plasma Cannon, Multi-melta, plasma guns and/or Heavy Bolters.

For your stormtroopers, instead of meltabomb, get a meltagun instead. Much easier to detroy vehicles hitting on a 3+ instead of a 6. Plus you can use the meltagun on infantry also as well as shoot out of the rhino.

+ Reply to Thread