1850pt Salamander List and Options... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850pt Salamander List and Options...

Greetings folks!

A little while back I decided on the below list, but would like to explore a few options with regard to additions. The load outs of the Ironclads and Tactical Squads can be changed easily. I can easily re-add the meltaguns to teh Ironclads and am in the process of putting together a few Meltagun Tactical Marines and Comb-Melta Sergeants.

I'd like to stay as true to the Salamander combat doctrine as possible. I want to be able to have a few units in reserve for the "just in case moments" and to add a little diversity to the army. I'll be playing 1000-1850pt games.

Any thoughts on what would be some good "reserve" options? I've considered Sternguard squads (both 10 and 5 man units w/ a Rhino/Drop Pod or Razorbacks), Land Speeders, more Assault Terminators w/ LRRs or LRCs, Vindicators, another Tactical Squad or Scout Squads etc...LOL So many options here!!! Any idea what would be best?

Thanks for the help!

HQ
    Vulkan [190]

Troops
    Tactical Squad - 10 w/ Multi-Melta, Flamer, Power Fist and Rhino [230]
    Tactical Squad - 10 w/ Multi-Melta, Flamer, Power Fist and Rhino [230]
    Tactical Squad - 10 w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun and Drop Pod [210]

Elite
    Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Seismic Hammer (built in Heavy Flamer), Dreadnought Close Combat weapon w/ Heavy Flamer and Drop Pod [185]
    Ironclad Dreadnought w/ Seismic Hammer (built in Heavy Flamer), Dreadnought Close Combat weapon w/ Heavy Flamer and Drop Pod [185]
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 w/ Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield [200]

Heavy
    Land Raider Redeemer w/ Multi-Melta [250]
    Predator w/ Autocannon and Heavy Bolters [85]
    Predator w/ Autocannon and Heavy Bolters [85]

Total 1850

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The List looks great.

My only change would be to drop both ironclads down to normal dreads with MM/HF. This saves enough points to upgrade both preds to AC/2LC designs or even vindicators.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    The List looks great.

My only change would be to drop both ironclads down to normal dreads with MM/HF. This saves enough points to upgrade both preds to AC/2LC designs or even vindicators.
    Thanks for the reply Mad Cat. I'm hearing the Vindicator suggestion a lot actually. I would have to drop the two Power Fists and re-add the Meltaguns to the Ironclads to add two Vindicators. This could be a fun addition depending on the enemy.

I was also considering adding 3 Attack Bikes and a few more Tactical Marines/Sergeants armed with Meltaguns and Combi-Meltas.

I'm kicking myself for not magnetizing my Predators hehe.

+ Reply to Thread