1500 points DH (NO Land Raiders) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points DH (NO Land Raiders)

This is my very first 40k army after 5 years of fantasy. I like playing with a bunch of elite models, and after 5 years of -no template- fantasy I want to have some pancakes. So here is the list. :

7 Stormtroopers + 2 grenade launchers + veteran (grenade launcher) 110
    7 Stormtroopers + 2 meltaguns (chimera+ multilaser+bolter) + veteran (relay beacon) 180
    7 grey knights + 2 incernators + justicar + melta bomb (fast attack) 250
    7 grey knights + 2 incernators + justicar + melta bomb (fast attack) 250
    7 grey knights + 2 psycannons 225
    4 greyknight terminators + thunder hammer 184
    eversor assassin 95
    Dreadnought + plasma cannon + missile launcher + smoke launcher 133
    Brother captain + Hammerhand + krak grenades 73

I know its not a water warrior list, but thats a little bit to standard for me. The basic tactic for this army is working on two fronts: One shooty immobile front with the dreadnaught, grenade stormtroopers and PAGK, and a front that will teleport in the back of the enemy when he allmost hits my shooty front. (They will teleport next to the chimera unit.) This way I can shoot buy some time for my shooty front to back down and will get some shots at the enemy when he charges. Against shooty armies (I think I will use this only against tau and IG) I will use the assasin, and maybe some FAGK, to hold the enemy up so I can get close enough to charge them. The only real problem I see is a mech army, so I hope the missile launcer, melta bombs and melta guns are good enough to handle them.

Please post what you think of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the repleys :eyeroll:

I think that my first army ever made is the best army ever made, seeing all the negative reactions. Well, I am off, going to win tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of semi footslogging infantry armies(13th co. space wolves was my pride and glory) but the issue i had with GKs is the utter inability to deal with tanks. Huge pain. The first army you play against that has any type of armour 13+ is gonna give you a really tough time. Your dread is gonna be facing alot of things that can pop it before it gets the chance to take it on.(lootas killed three of mine in two turns) good luck man hope it works for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eversor Assassin

To use him you'll need an Inquisitor somewhere in the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

As Yggdrasil stated, you'll need an inquisitor somewhere in the mix. Onto the rest of your list...

Grey Knights in Power Armor (PAGK) / Fast Attack Grey Knights (FAGK)

You're going to want as many Troops choices as you can take. Right now you don't have any squads that are built very well for taking objectives. I would move them back into the troops choices. Remember, Grey Knights are not the best assault troops nor the best shooting troops, they are a good mixture of both. You therefore get more use out of them with every turn that they can shoot, and having them deep strike makes them vulnerable as well.

The squad w/ the Psycannons could safely stay at six since they won't be moving for most of the game.

Stormtroopers -

I'm not a huge fan of grenade launchers so I would rather have plasma or flamers, load them up into a Rhino and get out and torch something.

Drop as many veterans as you can. If you do move your FAGK back into the troops section, then drop the veteran with the teleport homer for sure.

If the Chimeras are going to storm the line, then make sure to give them smoke launchers & Extra armor (Dozer blades are nice too).

Termies -

Are these a retinue for your Brother Captain HQ? If not, then you'll need to buy another Brother captain for them (it's mandatory to taking them in the elite section).

Dread-

Interesting setup. The biggest problem with this list is the lack of long range anti-tank though, so it might be best to swap the Plasma Cannon for a Twin-linked Lascannon instead. I would buy this guy extra armor as well.

Brother Captain-

Krak grenades are ok, not really necessary if you have Hammerhand on him though. I'm not even sure he can take Krak grenades since he's in Terminator armor.

As a fair warning, Grey Knight will be a very very difficult army to learn 40k with. Good luck!
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

If you play reactively with it, i.e you work your tactics around what your opponent is doing as opposed to going into the game with a set plan in mind, then any list is a "water warrior" list ^_^ "The Way Of The Water Warrior" isn't "The Way Of The Mechanised Pure GK List", they're not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaza View Post
    7 Stormtroopers + 2 grenade launchers + veteran (grenade launcher)
    Dump the Veteran unless you're wargearing him up, otherwise he's pretty much pointless. This squad is going to get shot up and break wether he's there or not; depending on what you're thinking of doing with them that could be either good or bad. The Grenade Launchers are a nice touch for footsloggers

7 Stormtroopers + 2 meltaguns (chimera+ multilaser+bolter) + veteran (relay beacon)
    The Chimaera is a bit of an extravagance. I'd perhaps plump for a Rhino with extra armour and smoke. We also don't have "relay beacons", though I assume you mean "teleport homer" You need to figure out what you're going to do with this squad; are they going to be chasing down enemy armour with their meltaguns, or are they going to be looking for positions from which to call down the FAGKs with the beacon? Having them try to do both might not be the best idea, unless you've got fixed artillery tanks in the oppo's back line.

7 grey knights + 2 incernators + justicar + melta bomb (fast attack)
    Take the special weapons off your FAGKs and always, always fill them out. They can't assault on the turn they arrive which means they're going to be sitting out in the open getting shot up. Grey Knights can take a pounding from shooting better than most Troops, but you need to ensure they have enough bodies to take whatever casualties they might take and still have enough attacks to make a nuisance of themselves in combat when they eventually get there.

7 grey knights + 2 incernators + justicar + melta bomb (fast attack)
    Same again; I'd also consider dropping this unit to the Troops section and just footslogging them. You'll want to max them out if you do this.

7 grey knights + 2 psycannons
    The Justicar is a mandatory upgrade character so unfortunately you're going to have to add one to this squad. Make it a 5-man squad with a Justicar and 2 psycannons and you can use them to sit and shoot. This is a bit of a waste of a PAGK squad under normal circumstances, but assuming you drop at least one of your PAGK Fast Attack squads to your Troops it might well be feasible, if only to draw fire (and a small squad with long-range S6 weapons usually will).

4 greyknight terminators + thunder hammer
    Do not give this entire squad TH/SS, otherwise whatever you're looking to send them after (vehicles, MCs, whatever) will just outmaneuver them if they're footslogging. It would be an even worse idea if you were to Deep Strike them, because a full TH/SS loadout means they'll just be sitting in the middle of nowhere getting shot at without contributing anything for the first turn (don't forget they can't assault on the turn they arrive).

eversor assassin
    Provided you know what you're using him for, he'll do you a decent service. Since you're footslogging, don't be afraid of sacrificing the Eversor early in the game to tie up any shooty squads that could potentially cut your footsloggers to shreds.

Dreadnought + plasma cannon + missile launcher + smoke launcher
    Give this thing extra armour as well and he'll sit alongside that 2-psycannon PAGK squad and give you a nice little firebase.

Brother captain + Hammerhand + krak grenades
    I'm assuming the 4 GKT squad is going to be his retinue. If not you should make the 4-man GKT squad his retinue, otherwise this single-wound model is exposed and will die like a dog. You can't give Terminator-armoured models krak grenades, as far as I'm aware; Hammerhand is enough AT for the GK Hero.

It's not a bad list and it could work with a few tweaks and a bit of tightening up, but it'll be difficult to play reactively with it; that PAGK squad with the psycannons and the Dread with no DCCW are resticted to fire support roles. They'll do well in this role, but if you want to "water warrior" you ideally need every unit to be able to do everything to some degree.

+ Reply to Thread