[1650] Deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1650] Deathwing

Playing this on Thursday evening in our local club. (I have all these models accept Mr. Belial. Any advice on game style play would be appreciated. note, Belial and gang are riding in the LC.

HQ
    1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing
    [130]

1 Assault Terminator Sergeant - Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
    1 Apathecary Terminator - Lightning Claws
    1 Deathwing Standard Bearer Terminator - Lightning Claws
    1 Assault Terminator - Heavy Flamer and Power Fist
    1 Assault Terminators - Lightning Claws
    [275]

ELITE
    1 Dreadnought - Venerable, Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter and Close Combat Dreadnought Weapon
    [145]

1 Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, Storm Bolter and Close Combat Dreadnought Weapon
    [125]

TROOP
    1 Terminator Sergeant - Power Sword and Storm Bolter
    1 Terminator - Assault Cannon
    3 Terminators - 3 x Power Fists and Storm Bolters
    [245]

1 Terminator - Assault Cannon
    [245]

1 Terminator - Cyclone Missile Launcher
    [235]

HEAVY
    1 Land Raider Crusader
    [250]

TOTAL 1650

*edit* - Swopped out the HFlamer on the Venerable to the Command Squad. Seems to work a bit better.

Last edited by FXMorph; April 16th, 2009 at 12:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you couldn't do all Terminator Deathwing anymore? That you had to have some scouts or something?

Please correct if I am wrong, because I always wanted a pure Deathwing.

Thanks.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well according to the 4th ed Dark Angels Codex, if you take "Belial, Master of the Deathwing", you may take "Terminator Deathwing" squads as a troop choice as well as an elite choice. Can't see why I would need to take Scouts as they are an elite choice in the DA codex and cannot equip Locator Beacons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Yep, all Terminators is a go in the DA book (one of the few reasons that book is still usable).

Deathwing are too small in squad size and numbers to get bogged down in combat, especially with Fearless. Keep them shooty and avoid assaults as long as possible (unless you go up against IG or Tau). Assault Cannon as standard kit, maybe cyclones if you need the range.

Grab as many squads as you can, with Dreads filling in as extra armor busting (TLLC, ML or MM, HF) and good distractions with Venerable and cover.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Deathwing are too small in squad size and numbers to get bogged down in combat, especially with Fearless.
    Hmmm, have noticed alot of people state this. Guess I'm just going to have to go out and buy more Termies then. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    278 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Deathwing are too small in squad size and numbers to get bogged down in combat, especially with Fearless. Keep them shooty and avoid assaults as long as possible (unless you go up against IG or Tau).
    I just want to say that this is not my experience at all. If you suit Belial and his termi squad up properly, and launch them out of a LR, they are combat monsters. They chewed up a Daemon Prince and 20 Berserkers in my last game - and I didn't think that unusual. If supported well by other Termi CC squads, the DW can be very very good in close combat. Indeed, I consider their shooting so underwhelming I'm considering trading out my one shooty DW squad for another combat one.

Give it a go, hopefully they wont disappoint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the end, they took out 30 Ork boys, with no losses. The dice god was with me, as I had to make a few 5+ invulnerable saves because of the Nob.

But in the end, another 30 man ork unit and a nob squad took them down. Still, killing off 30 boys is no simple feat. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double Post! (T_T)

Well, I'm really starting to like this list. It managed to beat a 1650 Eldar Mechanized list last night which consisted of 4 Wave Serpents housing 3 Dire Avenger squads and a Fire Dragons squad, 3 war walkers and 2 Fire Prisms. The LC is a fire magnet for sure, but it seems to help alot in the long run, as well as the dreads walking around.

Wave Serpent death = Power Fists! Booya!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    278 (x3)

I'm glad to hear its going well mate!

And I know what you mean about the LRC - mine has officially been christened 'The Bullet Magnet'. She attracts a hell of a lot of fire but its worth it! I've only lost her once in my last 7 games. Awesome machines

+ Reply to Thread