raven gaurd using BA codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

raven gaurd using BA codex

ok i have a tournament coming up ii have three lists already that are succesful using codex marines i play raven guard but don't get satisfaction from vanilla codex so i've gone with blood angel codex for my ravens. this is list 4 of 4 will play test iit like others but feels more fluffy to me

here we go

HQ
    chaplin jump pack (120.)
    (i know lemartes is better 5 points more but i'm going ravens trying to stay away from BA characters)

ELITES
    5 death company (raven wing veterans) jump packs (25.)

TROOPS
    assault squad +5 men powerfist drop pod (275.)

assault squad +5 men powerfist jump packs (275.)

tactical squad +5 men melta gun rhino (245.)

tactical squad +5 men melta gun multi melta rhino (250.)

tactical squad +5 men lascannon plasma gun (225.)

HEAVY SUPPORT

vindicator (125.)

vindicator (125.)

whirlwind (85.)

TOTAL: 1750
    13 kill points
    56 men
    5 tanks
    1 drop pod

I have 5 scoring units non-rhino squad will hold home objective other 2 squads and assault squads will go after other objectives while death company support assault squads with vindicators. Whirlwind will sit in ruins with tact squad pinning units in cover. or in immediate threat of assault force.
    Assault squad in drop pod will land on weakest flank and divert extra support to the opposite flank where main assault will hit surrounding centre force.

NOTE: for all purposes this is a blood angels army just raven colours for any one who cares about said issue thanks.

Last edited by spike12225; April 4th, 2009 at 15:49. Reason: no idea felt it needed it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

games workshop people will stop u playing that type of list,

you cant just go changing codex, if there was a raven codex i wouldnt be swapping to that, hell i wouldnt even go using points values from the normal codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I have heard of Blood Raven fluff, they use a lot of psykers and gun line. They feel more like a codex chapter to me.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the double post and the OP, but I read the title wrong sorry.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah not blood ravens raven gaurd but thats ok dude

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I hate (hate) Raven Guard for counts-as Blood Angels, as I think it's incredibly unfluffy. But, besides that, your list is decent.

The changes I would make:

- Put the jump packs back on your first Assault squad, they can't assault out of a drop pod so it's a waste to put them there.

- Drop the las/plas Tactical squad, they are too static and will soon be left in the dust by your other squads. You have a fast/mech feel to this list and I think you should stick to it.

- The Whirlwind could also potentially be dropped, since it's more of a static tank whereas the Vindicators are more "in your face."

- With the extra points, throw some power fists/weapons in your Tactical squads for some CC support.

- With the remaining points, you could probably get a second HQ to run with your second Assault squad, or field some Scouts, or another Vindicator, or another 5-man Assault squad, etc. You have options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all valid points lost but as you know 2/3 are objective based games so static tactical squad and whirlwind create a fire base on own objective unless your (insert) enough not to put objective in own deployment zone. valiid point on drop pod assault squad and may rectify it

well there is no other way to get a jump pack army that can hold objectives effectivly other then BA so even though you hate it you can't deny that fact i'd love nothing more then too field all assault squads.
    But as any succesful gamer will say long range fire is very important. so i know the disadvantages of that decision (^^in regards to any mech list there will always be one squad sitting on a home objective making paying for rhino a pointless excersise as they will NEVER move.)

sorry if i was blunt but was best way i could come across
    Last edited by spike12225; April 4th, 2009 at 15:48.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

If you put heavy weapons in one or two of your Tactical squads, you can just combat squad them and leave the heavy weapons behind in cover near your objective. They still count as scoring. The Whirlwind doesn't do anything but 'contest' your objective, not capture it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm aware of that but it is useful against horde lists combined with the vindicators.

i have found same list in vanilla codex comes to 1500pts meaning 5 death company cost 250pts which can give me a feel no pain command squad with power fists/weapons

or two dreadnoughts one lascannon/missile launcher and 1 twin heavy flamer/heavyflamer to keep assaulters away from vindicators

+ Reply to Thread