1500 Very Fun Looking Kantor & Lysander list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Very Fun Looking Kantor & Lysander list

Gonna be easier to split it into squads rather than the normal HQ, Elites Troops etc thing so here goes

Lysander
    9 Stern Guard
    Rhino

Lysander is a CC beast, especially against tanks, also gives the stern guard re-roll to hit. with 2+ to wound hell fire rounds... in rapid fire range 9 sternguard gonna cause 13-14 wounds

Kantor
    4 Honor Guard with relic blades
    Chapter Champion with Thunder Hammer
    Razorback

Using Kantors rules sternguard become scoring units, plus everyone gets stubborn also unit within 12" gets +1 attack. Also, includes an orbital bombardment and a killer boltgun Honor guard nice to take down some tough elite troops, should work well i reckon

10 Sternguard with 2 multi-meltas
    vet with power fist
    Rhino

Multi-meltas useful to shoot out of the top of the rhino, also, nice scoring unit ftw. Power fist profiding some nice CC for the squad. they can combat squad if necessary

10 man tactical squad with flamer, multi-melta

5 man scout squad with snipers

the last 2 mostly just to fill the troops choice quota, nice to have some extra scoring units as well to defend the ground while the sternguard and honor guard lead the assault

i think this list has some serious offensive capabilities along with some solid defence let me what you think please, fairly certain i've done something illegal in here somewhere. Any help at all would be appreciated altho you can tell the theme of the list i hope so nothing to drastic please

thanks alot for any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks fun overall, but there are a couple things.

You are kinda lacking on efficient anti-tank. The Multi-meltas really should go, imo. They don't really fit into the role of the Sternguard as the go-to unit of shooty marines. Instead, I would equip the Sternguard with lots of Combi weapons. Combi-Meltas specifically.

The honor guard with relic blades is a little pricey. I'd consider dropping two, maybe three, relic blades as you aren't lacking high strength hitting with Pedro and the Champion. These points also free you up to give those Sternguard combi-weapons.

You can't stick Lysander in a Rhino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah dammit, knew there would be something

I'll swap the rhino and power fist with tactical squad and keep the stern guard and Lysander back to shoot.

Lysander
    9 Sternguard

Kantor
    Champion with Thunder Hammer
    4 Honour Guard with relic blades
    Razorback

10 Sternguard
    2 Multi meltas
    Rhino

10 marines
    Flamer
    Multi Melta
    Sergeant with power fist
    Rhino

5 Scouts
    Snipers

I think I'm fine with the lack of anti tank, there's just about enough in there imo. I find its more fun having something you don't do that well

Pretty happy with it i think, The marines, stern guard in rhino and kantors squad should do brilliantly in assault and can kill troops really well, also have a decent amount of meltas, plus the power fist and lysanders weapon should do well.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Very atypical list, yea.. keeping them sternguards back with lysander just seems like an aweful waste of points though imho.. you'd not get into rapid fire range nor CC where lysander excels.. he does however add alot of toughness to the squad..
    You didn't listen to Squirrel about the multimeltas vs. combiweapons nor the relicblades.. So you probably wouldn't listen to me about those two things either.. Having a list you like is the most important thing anyway I just foresee you speeding around in your Rhino to get to those enemy tanks in order to bust them with the meltas wasting your otherwise awesome special ammunition.. Remember that the Rhino has to stay still for them to fire their multimeltas through the hatch and that their effective tankbusting range is only 12".. the same as most vehicles movement.. So you'd never catch up with them were they to flee.. Also it seems more beneficial to me to keep the PF in this sternguard squad rather than the tactical as you need the sternguard MM close to the enemy anyway and they're pricier afterall..

+ Reply to Thread