New 1500pt IG list - Inf heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 1500pt IG list - Inf heavy

Hi everyone, with the new codex I've made the horrible mistake of starting a guard army. Horrible mistake because theres so many toys to play with, and i want to use all of them...

But anyway, to my list. First time I've run a Guard list, never played with them so I've never properly seen how Guard work, but I think I've got the idea with this list. Its a mix of Infantry and tanks, with lots of heavy firepower.

HQ- Comm Squad - Lascannon, Master of Ordnance, 2x Plasma Guns
    Elites - 10 man Pskyer Squad
    Troops - Platoon Command - Power Fist, Vox, Melta
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + HB
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + ML
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + Las
    Troops - IG Squad - Plasma Gun + Autocannon
    Troops - Platoon Command - Power Fist, Vox, Melta
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + HB
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + ML
    Troops - IG Squad - Grenade Launcher + Las
    Troops - IG Squad - Plasma Gun + Autocannon
    Troops - HW Squad - 3x Lascannons
    HS - Basilisk
    HS - LRBT with HB Sponsons
    HS - LRBT with HB Sponsons

The idea is just to throw a huge amount of firepower at the enemy. I've got a very wide mixof weapons to give me flexibility. I've got plenty of troops to be able to grab objectives etc. My opponent typically fields new SM, Tau and now IG, so this is a very take all-comers list. I've not listed points as they aren't freely available yet (but did cost this list from the book at my local store, comes to 1500pts exactly).

So, am I on the right lines? ANy ideas i can use to improve it are more than welcome.

Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Lascannons and plasma are ridiculously overpriced and since people will have cover anyway you may as well field missile launchers or autocannons.

Ideally every unit will have a Chimera, but at least give your Command Squads and Psykers one. It protects them from enemy fire, gives you more armor to throw at your enemy, and extends the range of orders.

A unit or two of Conscripts to run out front and cover your units would be nice. Gives nasty units like Nob Bikers a good bait unit to charge, keeping them from wrecking your lines, and provides cover.

For anti-tank, check out Vets with meltas, Command Squads with meltas, Devil Dogs, Vendettas, and maybe even the Vanquisher and Medusa. Against big tanks (AV13 and up), meltas win, anything else can be downed by mass autocannons.

The LRBT is nice, I prefer an Eradicator with plasma cannons. You've got the cover-ignoring shot to waste infantry, plus 2 plasma cannons to rip apart MEQs and the like. It's more expensive, but very nasty. The Cheap LRBT and Demolisher would be ==My== second pick.

Basilisk is overshadowed by its better cousins, namely the Medusa and Collussus.

If you want to go infantry heavy, outfit your line squads with autocannons and grenade launchers or flamers. They're cheap and put out a ton of dakka. They can gun down light vehicles and infantry, plus they are cheap and expendable. Stick your command units in Chimeras with meltas and go tank hunting, with Russes, Hellhound variants, and artillery to do the real damage.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Putting this much kit in a 6 man squad makes it a terget. They are already near the top of the enemy's wish list due to the orders so all the weapons just make it more tempting. Give them a mortar and a standard and deploy out of LOS giving command and rerolls to leadership and the master of ordnance can chip in.

Elites: Not sure about the psykers. Again these guys will be shot first by the enemy so they better make their points back soon.

Troops: If you are going to get voxes then kit out all squads with them but I would drop the lot. The squads with the las caannon should also have the plasma gun as they both kill termies and can be used against tanks.

Heavy: Tanks look good. I agree that the basilisk is outclassed by the manticore or the colossus.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread