1500 - Combined Arms "Blitzkrieg" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

1500 - Combined Arms "New Codex"

I am trying to do a mix of tanks supported by mechanized infantry and aircrafts. These is the minimun size that I think that can work.

HQ 120
    Company Command Squad w/ Missile Launcher
    Chimera w/ Heavy Bolters

TROOPS 420
    3x Veterans Squads w/ Missile Launchers
    3x Chimeras w/ Heavy Bolters

FAST ATTACK 390
    3x Vendettas w/ twin-linked Lascannons

HEAVY SUPPORT 570
    3x Leman Russ Battle Tank w/ hull-mounted Heavy Bolters & sponsons Plasma Cannons

SUMMARY
    Kill points: 14
    Scoring Units: 3
    Officers: 1

9x twin-linked Lascannons
    3x Battlecannons
    4x Missile Launchers
    6x Plasma Cannons
    11x Heavy Bolters

Heavy Vehicles: 3
    Medium Vehicles: 3
    Light Vehicles: 4
    Squads: 4

Tactics:
    In my opinion, the main weakness is the few scoring units. But I think that can be ok if the infantry fight from inside the transports or in cover in the rear. In the worst case I use "going to ground" and the order "Incoming!" for get +1/+2 to cover save. Clear the objetives with long-mid range fire 3-4 turns and use the surviving Vendettas and/or Chimeras for score with the veterans and/or at least contest objetives in the last turns. If the mission is kill points, I think that can be a little easer than scoring and focuse on defense keeping the infantry inside the Chimeras and the Leman Russ for cover them.

Last edited by mareo; April 13th, 2009 at 11:38.
    "The only valid test is combat; the only valid result is victory"
    Ardak Kumerian, Klingon Admiral.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Ouch!

Light on bodies, but heavy in firepower. I like that all the armor forces your opponents to really pick their poison, as it would be extremely difficult for any list to bring enough anti-tank firepower to neutralize all your tanks.

You're rather light on scoring units. You've got plenty of transports to try and contest objectives though, so it could be viable to use your Troops carefully to seize a couple objectives and just try to contest the rest with tanks.

I feel like you're not taking full advantage of the Hardened Vets though, considering they're only carrying around a missile launcher. I'd probably look to trade that out and get them the full 3 special weapons instead, to really maximize their firepower. That Chimera's top hatch has 5 fire points, might as well take advantage. Even without cutting anything else, you could swap the missile launcher for three(!) grenade launchers, and I think you could certainly afford to part with one of your expensive Russes or a Vendetta to free up more points. Depending on how you tweak things, you could even end up with enough points for another Veteran Squad to give yourself some extra breathing room.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread