1750 vulkan list comp - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 vulkan list comp

I usually play BA but was browsing through the new SM codex and noticed that a particular IC was pretty dirty. So came up with this lil ditty. Don't know how it looks so let me know!

Space Marines(melta) 1750
    Vulcan He'stan 190

TacSquad 170
    Flamer
    Heavy Bolter
    Drop Pod 35

TacSquad 170
    Flamer
    Heavy Bolter
    Drop Pod 35

TacSquad 170
    Flamer
    Heavy Bolter
    Drop Pod 35

TacSquad 185
    Meltagun/combiMelta
    Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod 35

TacSquad 185
    Meltagun/combiMelta
    Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod 35

TacSquad 185
    Meltagun/combiMelta
    Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod 35

Scout Bikes(3) 95
    Locator Beacon

Scout Bikes(3) 95
    Locator Beacon

Scout Bikes(3) 95
    Locator Beacon

Idea is to drop the first half of the pods depending on who i'm playing. I play someone who runs a vehicles heavy sisters list where i'd drop the 3 melta squads behind his exorcists and immolators and wreck house and then drop the other 3 in his lines

Alternatively I can drop flamer/hb squads somewhere i can beat up on a horde player.
    i like the idea of the versitility

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Hmmm, you could lose a game instantly if you dont get priority, 9 bikes in front of 1750 points of battle sisters arent going to last long, youre going to have to hug cover like a ...cover hugging...thing...

nice concept though!
    For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrot makes a very good point but I also feel that if you played an army that wants to get up close (insert CC army here) you would also lose quite easily as 30 tactical marines can easily be engaged and beaten by a thousand units that i can think of. However, it seems all of the really nasty ork and nid ones are the ones that come to mind. Also you lack anti-tank and anti-high toughness models in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could drop the bikes pick up some whirlwinds and power fists in the squads.

my anti tank is all the melta i figure 6 melta shots turn 1 is pretty solid anti tank? then having multimeltas turn 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not at all meant to be taken as condescending so sorry if it comes off that way but notice at the end of the sentence I note "in CC". What I'm thinking of is what if your Tac squads get charged by Dreadnaughts, Wraithlords, Carnifexes etc etc etc in CC. Your High strength weapons only work when the enemy stays at range but as soon as they see there isn't anything that can hurt them in CC you'll be catching a lot of charges, especially when meltas are only effective within charge range.

+ Reply to Thread