1500 'dex basics list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

1500 'dex basics list

description below

command w/ standard, MoFleet, 2 flamers

command w/ 2 flamers, vox - 45
    infantry w/ missile, grenade, pweapon, vox - 85
    infantry w/ missile, grenade, pweapon - 80
    infantry w/ missile, grenade, pweapon - 80
    heavy w/ 3 lascannon - 105
    heavy w/ 3 lascannon - 105

veterans w/ 2 grenade, flamer, rest are shotguns, chimera

veterans w/ 2 grenade, flamer, rest are shotguns, chimera

bane wolf w/ smoke (edit: and heavy flamer)

leman russ w/ hb-hull, hb sponsons

leman russ w/ hb-hull, hb sponsons

colossus

@1500

The HQ and infantry platoon (and colossus) will serve as a firebase while the mech part maneuvers about.

the HQ command will mainly spam 'bring them down' on the lascannon squads (and then 'reroll enemy cover saves' after armor's gone), while positioned behind the infantry squad for flamer counterassault. same with the other command squad, which will be spamming cross-vox 'extra lasgun shot' to the combined infantry squad (either 2 or all 3 of the squads).
    the pweapons in the infantry squad are hidden in wounds be hidden and will do some damage once assaulted even though the lack of straken's counterattack/furious charge somewhat hampers them in cc... at higher points, Straken, Creed, or even Chenkov's stubborn will be around to give the unit more punch/durability.

and the veterans will mainly haul around shooting from the chimera on the move until the final turns where they'll attempt to assault objectives with close fire power.

the rest are self-explanatory, just testing out how they do before switching out different fast attack/elites/heavy support options. i think the list should do well as a base to test out the new codex with before getting into all the snazzy army specialization armies

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Probably swap the flamers for a mortar to stop them getting shot at long range. Might as well give them a vox incase the platoon command breaks.

Platoon: Good. Have you thought about a commisar if you intend to merge squads. Making them stubborn can really make a difference.

Vets: Make one of them armed with meltaguns in case the las cannon squads get shot qhickly.

Fast: Good.

Heavy: Perfect.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

HQ: Mortars and Grenades I prefer to keep them further back. Camo Cloaks wouldn't hurt either, as would a Master of Ordnance

Troops: I don't like missile launchers when autocannons are 5 points cheaper. The only thing a missile launcher has over an autocannon is S8 and AP3, autocannons outperform it against tanks AV12 and lower. Why the power weapons? A Commissar in 1 unit will help if they mob up.

I prefer Vets decked out with meltas to help pop tanks, but burny death works too.

HWS are bait. 3 guys with T3 and 2 wounds will not last very long, especially considering how much of a priority target they are.

<3 the Bane Wolf

Russes look fine, Collussus is nice.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread