Ok so as some may know I play Tanith which usually means light foot-slogging infantry with occasional tanks factored in with narmanians. With the new codex and box kits coming out I may consider starting a second guard army.

At first I was thinking simply do a different reigment. I already have a platoon of volpone and a platoon of steel legion, However the Sons of Sek have always interested me. They're a lot more traditional of a guard force than tanith are (as far as unit selection goes) but allow lots of conversion opportunities and will be a different sight on the table.

Here's the list I've been considering, not too sure if I want a different leman russ variant other than the vanquisher but if I drop them I'd be perilously low on anti-tank. That being said I have lots of anti-infantry shots that should be able to deal with ork hordes with ease.

Company Command
Isidor Sek (Creed)
Life Ward (Kell)
Mortar
Officer of the Fleet
Master of Ordinance
-290-
Chimera
Pintle Heavy Stubber
-65-
They'll stay in their chimera and order people around while using the fire points to launch artillery shells and mortar rounds everywhere. The officer of the fleet just seems very chaosy and if facing drop pod armies or eldar could prove very useful. Either way I want a body guard and kell makes it very unlikely for creed's orders to not get passed.

Primaris Psyker
He'll go with the plasma veteran squad to fry some people

Psyker Battle Squad
9 Psykers, Overseer
-110-
Chimera
Pintle Heavy Stubber
-65-
Psyker Battle Squad
9 Psykers, Overseer
-110-
Chimera
Pintle Heavy Stubber
-65-
Both of these squads will stay in their tanks and go around killing infantry or blowing up vehicles. I'm going to try and convert the chimeras to look like they enhance their powers or something.

Platoon Command
Mabbon Etegaur (Cheknov)
Shield Bearer (Medi-pack)
Mortar
Sons of Sek 1 (Infantry Squad)
Sniper, Autocannon
Sons of Sek 2 (Infantry Squad)
Sniper, Autocannon
Sons of Sek 3 (Infantry Squad)
Grenade launcher
Sons of Sek 4 (Infantry Squad)
Grenade launcher, Commissar
Chaos Cultists (Conscripts)
Send in the Next wave
-545-
Cheknov along with squads 1 and 2 will stay on the home objective and provide fire support. The conscripts will provide a human shield for squads 3 and 4 (who will merge) so that they can foot slog to the objective. The cultists are going to be converted to look kind of zoican style (bionic eyes and mouths) or possibly like excubitors.

Sons of Sek Veterans
2 plasmas, heavy flamer, carapace armor
-150-
Chimera
Heavy flamer replaces multi laser, Pintle Heavy Stubber
-65-
This is a build I thought of and wanted to try. Pairing the heavy flamer with 2 plasmas will give the unit versatility and even against 2+ save things it should kill at least one with the amount of wounds.

Sons of Sek Veterans
3 meltas, carapace armor
-130-
Chimera
Pintle Heavy Stubber
-65-
standard anti tank hunting.

Stalk Tanks x3 (scout sentinels) 105
Stalk Tanks x2 (scout sentinels) 70
Heavy Stalk Tank (Armored Sentinel) 80
Lascannon, camo netting
They'll be converted to look like the stalk tanks from the novels. Basically a really light defiler. The heavy stalk tank will be placed in cover and snipe at tanks.

Leman Russ Vanquisher
Lascannon
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Lascannon
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Lascannon
-510-
Note: Not in a squadron.
they shoot land raiders and other nasties.

All said and done I'll have 6 S9 weapons, 3 S8 2D6 long range weapons and 3 melta weapons for anti tank purposes with 5 dakka chimeras, 5 more multi-lasers, some autocannons, grenade launchers and lots of lasguns to deal with infantry not to mention the primaris psyker's