1500 hard hitting BA - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 hard hitting BA

==HQ==

Commander Dante - 200

Honour Guard - 250
    -2x Power Weapon
    -Priest
    -Chapter Banner
    -Champion

Chaplain Lemartes - 125

==Elite==

6 Death Company - 30
    -All Free
    -6x Jump Packs

5 Veteran Assault Squad - 205
    -Power Fist
    -Power Weapon
    -Meltagun
    -Flamer

5 Veteran Assault Squad - 205
    -Power Fist
    -Power Weapon
    -Meltagun
    -Flamer

==Troops==

5 Assault Marines - 165
    -Power Fist

5 Assault Marines - 165
    -Power Fist

5 Assault Marines - 155
    -Power Weapon

Total Points: 1500
    Total Models: 37

Basically Dante joins the HG and Lemartes joins the DC. The whole army then flies up a flank and starts tearing stuff up in combat. I realize that its a small army and vunerable, but will be so much fun to play, considering hey will all be within 12" of the HG, giving them all Preferred enemy and re-rolls on Ld tests! not mention the +1 attack to the HG squad, truly making it deadly.

C&C Please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think you have too few models to be able to make it count once you hit enemy lines. I understand you like the idea of a small and elite army but you're just too vulnerable to shooting or even hordes. I would seriously consider cutting the honor guard from your HQ and possibly even Dante. Almost a third of your points are all in this one HQ slot and whats to say a lucky ordinance blast or some other shooting nastiness doesnt kill them all on the first turn, that would be an extremely difficult blow to recover from. After trying to cut some points from your HQ I would devote some time to your troops choices as they are possibly the most important part of your army. I would cut the two veteran squads and use those choices to beef up your troops but then again all these suggestions are just what I would do. If you think I'm full of crap go and play test the list, if you can win with it then great its something to keep. If not I would suggest cutting at least the honor guard from your HQ and possibly Dante, then cutting the two Veteran squads in favor of some bodies in your troop choices and some better equipment to make them tactically flexible.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input!

I do agree with you that its thin on the ground in terms of troops, but I only plan to use this in fun, friendly games at first. Great way to see ho it plays out. I do love the list, even though it is one of those that are hard to play well.

A more competitive list i came up with was this.

==HQ==

Lemartes - 125

==Elite==

6 Death Company - 120
    -3 free
    -3 bought
    -Jump Packs

==Troops==

10 Assault Marines - 275
    -Power Fist

10 Assault Marines - 275
    -Power Fist

10 Assault Marines - 275
    -Power Fist

==Fast Attack==

Attack Bike - 50
    -Multi Melta

Attack Bike - 50
    -Multi Melta

Attack Bike - 50
    -Multi Melta

==Heavy Support==

Baal Predator - 135
    -Heavy Bolters
    -Storm Bolter

Baal Predator - 135
    -Heavy Bolters
    -Storm Bolter

Not to say i will be using this list, but this may turn out to be my 'Tournament' list, if you know what i mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's definitely a solid list and should do well in competitive play. Good luck and if you can get the first list to work out for you let us know how you did it, that would be very interesting to hear about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'know what i might just do that, if i get any degree of success with the first list i shall tell the story. I feel i can work it but simply because i know my challenges, for instance all the boards at my club are terrain heavy and my opponents use infantry heavy lists, knowing things like those will always help you win. But nevertheless i will report back.

+ Reply to Thread