2k Light Mobile Company (New Dex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Light Mobile Company (New Dex)

HQ
    Company Command Squad: Straken, Regimental Standard, Grenade Launchers x 2, Meltagun
    Chimera:
    Heavy Stubber
    245 Points

Elites

Ogryn Squad: Bone 'Ead, Ogryn x 4
    Chimera: Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor
    300 Points

Marbo
    60 Points

Troops
    Platoon Command:
    Grenade Launchers x2, Mortar
    Chimera: Heavy Stubber
    110 Points x2 two Platoons

Infantry Squad: Melta bombs, Grenade Launcher, Mortar
    65 Pointsx6 three for each Platoon

Infantry Squad:
    Melta Bombs, Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
    80 Points x4 two for each Platoon

Penal Legionnaires
    80 Points
    x2 riding in the Vendettas to come

Fast Attack
    Rough Riders: Full Squad, Melta Bombs, Meltaguns
    130 Points

Vendetta:
    Heavy Bolter
    140 Points x 2 as separate force org slots, not as a single squad

Heavy Support
    Hydra
    75 Points

The goal with the list is to stay armored and mobile. I'm open to suggestion on the list, as I had hoped for perhaps a little artillery and more Hydras. I thought I might take Manticores, but they don't come in squads, and I felt that my total Mortars at 40pts would be more cost effective. I don't think I have enough ap 3 plus to deal with Marine spam, but I don't really like paying for AP3 since it does nothing against demons, not even denying feel no pains, and the S3 AP3 come at Marine cost per model.

Also the three things that have always drawn me to IG fluff and lookwise, are Ogryns, Rough Riders, and Penal Legions, so I won't be taking them out, but I would modify their number.

Marbo has multiple uses. He can take out enemy artillery, since hoofing it across the table towards artillery with regular troops with melta-bombs to slap the cover saves off their faces is near impossible. Not to mention trying to catch up with the huge range and speed of Eldar Fire Prisms. He can contest objectives late game. He can kill off wounded but not fleeing squads.

The Rough Riders are for counter attacking, or charge contesting objectives, murdering MEQ, or as I have them tooled taking down forward tanks. The loss of fleet made me sad, but they now come with Krak Grenades for free. Eat it transports.

Vendetta's are my first turn heavy tank killers, since I have a serious distrust of Melta range. I also love the idea of using penal legions as human bombs.

Straken gives my very combat unsound troops a chance to do some damage before they die as speed bumps or the unfortunate victims of their own half-hearted charging. I like how he's in the thick of things, so he could possibly give me S4/S6 Rough Riders or counter attacking Ogryns. Plus he's got the stats of Marine character.

Melta bombs are on every squad I could stick them on, because I hate feeling utterly defenseless against Ironclads and Soul Grinders or being Tank Shocked.

I had five points left over when I finished the list, thus when I originally had the command squad with three Grenade Launchers I switched over to a melta although I don't trust that at all. I wish there was a five point upgrade I could toss on my models that I wanted. Plus it gives me one shot against the above mentioned Ironclads & Obliterators.

The one thing I hate about the new codex is the heavy weapons squads. They get instant deathed real easy and they take away a member from the squad.

I also don't like Vets or Stormies. I'm not paying for 2 or 3 guardsmen per guardsmen, if you catch my drift.

Last edited by TommyMann; April 27th, 2009 at 12:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Straken is cool, but he isn't making the most of his furious charge. Some allied GKs would benefit greatly. A single melta is a bit meh, I'd prefer 2.

Ogryns are too expensive and not all that great in combat.

Grenade Launchers and mortars don't really mesh what with the whole LoS. Heavy bolters, autocannons, and the like would fit well.

I don't like lascannons much at BS3, but the key is taking multiples.

Penal Legionnaires are meh, they don't kill much and really don't benefit from the Vendetta when they can outflank. Vets with meltas or plasma would be nice.

RR are bleh.

Hydras are nice, take more.

You're light on armor for sure. Run some more Chimeras, Hydras, and artillery to support your advance
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like GK Termies alright except for the fact that AV13 walkers eat them for breakfast. Plus I want to go with a pure IG force.

I agree with you mostly, after play testing I might take out half my rough riders for another hydra.

Ogryns in the new codex I believe are worth their points for the amount of damage they can toss around and withstand. I tried them against Termies, and the Ogryns beat them. 10 on 10. Everyturn I'd lose an ogryn and they'd lose 1 or 2 Termies. I won by just a few wounds so I don't know if it was outside of margin of error, but they can at least stand and deliver equal value for points.

If I take another hydra I'll have more than enough autocannons.

RR used to be the centerpiece of my Legion of the Damned. Three squads of traitors, infiltrating with lascannons, three squads of leaping mutants running forward, three squads of rough riders to the side of them, a sorcerer, and 2 or 3 defilers.

I want that kind of mobile feeling again.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 169 ----------

oh yeah, and the mortars are pretty much there to make up for lack of artillery. I need something to first turn put some hurt on the orks, and they're bygod cheap. I hardly trust my marines with heavy bolters, I don't think I'll be letting my guard miss 2/3 shots reliably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised list to be play tested today. I took into account your suggestion of more hydras, but at the cost of mortar infantry squads and a single rough rider.

HQ
    Company Command Squad: Straken, Regimental Standard, Grenade Launchers x 2
    245 Points

Elites
    Ogryn Squad: Bone 'Ead, Ogryn x 4
    Chimera: Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor
    300 Points

Marbo
    60 Points

Troops
    Platoon Command: Grenade Launchers x2, Mortar
    110 Points x2 two Platoons

Infantry Squad: Melta bombs, Grenade Launcher, Mortar
    65 Points x4 One Platoon

Infantry Squad: Melta Bombs, Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
    80 Points x4 One Platoon

Penal Legionnaires
    80 Points x2 riding in the Vendettas to come

Fast Attack
    Rough Riders: Squad of 9, Melta Bombs, Meltaguns
    119 Points

Vendetta: Heavy Bolter
    140 Points x 2 as separate force org slots, not as a single squad

Heavy Support
    Hydra
    75 Points x3 As separate force org slots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMann View Post
    I like GK Termies alright except for the fact that AV13 walkers
    Isn't the only AV13 walker the soul Grinder, which means deamons, which means GK's are golden?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah buddy, the Ironclad for Space Marines is AV13 with 3 attacks profile a heavy flamer and a melta-gun which most people take in a drop pod army with Vulcan twin linking all it's firepower. It's a beastly dude that can turn up anywhere first or second turn. It's also super prominent since the Master of the Forge allows you to bring six of them or three of them and loads of assault Termies with master crafted thunder hammers thanks to Vulcan.

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 ----------

Play tested tonight. The Lascannons in the infantry squads did not damage a single thing. With a 1/4 chance to glance+ AV14 I thought they were going to be rare 1 hit murderers. I didn't think they would be so rare that they would never do anything.

Rough riders almost made their points by killing a Chimera, so maybe they're out of my list, but I love them so much, it's almost creepy. I would tell anyone else to kick them to the curb.

Ogryns rocked way harder than I thought they were going to. They not only made their points, but they also put the fear of god in my opponent purely from shooting inside the chimera, and last turn they took down an objective way back in the opponents deployment.

Marbo got killed before he could do anything, but took fire from two squads which for 60 points made round two a little more in my favor.

Won my game 1 objective held, three in contestation.

+ Reply to Thread