NEW 1750 Space Marine Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW 1750 Space Marine Army List

HQ
    Darnath Lysander
    Sternguard Veteran Squad
    5 Sternguard Veteran Troops
    Drop Pod

Elites

Dreadnought
    Drop Pod

Troops
    Tactical Squad
    5 Marines
    Power Fist
    Meltagun
    Lascannon
    Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
    5 Marines
    Power Weapon
    Meltagun
    Lascannon
    Rhino

Tactical Squad
    5 Marines
    Power Weapon
    Meltagun
    Lascannon
    Rhino

Tactical Squad
    5 Marines
    Meltagun
    Lascannon
    Rhino

Heavy Support
    Predator
    Heavy Bolter
    Storm Bolter

Predator
    Heavy Bolter
    Storm Bolter

- so i posted my other army list before and some ppl helped me out so here is my updated one

- could you plz leave any feedback, it will be much appreciated

Last edited by skinnyboi; April 29th, 2009 at 04:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops how are your 5-men tactical squad having special and heavy wepaons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's referring to the fact that he had to buy 5 more marines. If I'm wrong on this, you need 10-men per tactical squad in order to have access to special and heavy weapons. I have never thought of Lysander i a pod with sternguard. This is very interesting and fascinating. That could lead to a very efficient and high fire power unit. I think this unit might be able to heavily damage 30-boyz ork squads.

If you plan to combat squad all your tacitcal squads, they're fine. The only problem i can see is the kill point mission where combat squadding would be a no no.

As for the predator, I would drop the storm bolters and upgrade some of your tactical squad sergeants power weapons to power fists.

As to the overall effectiveness of your list, I think the sternguard will destroy almost any unit it hits after podding. I would send them in first and take out a dangerous enemy unit. Hopefully they will survive so that lysander can get into close combat and dish out the pain. I also would send the dread in first. Use it to cause panic in the enemy lines and maybe kill a vehicle. After that, the enemy might turn a vehicle to put fire down on the sternguard and the dread. Use that to exploit a side or rear shot with the second pod's melta gun.

I would keep the preds stationary at 36" and lay down 7 shots per turn on enemy units. The reason why the storm bolter is kind of useless is due to the fact of it's range. Either it stays useless most of the game or it gets used which puts you in range of a plethora of nasty anti-tank weapons (like multi-meltas and whatnot). Concentrate your firepower on single squads, gunning them down and force them to take loads of saves. Depending on the situation, I might not combat squad at all. Against a horde army like orks, do not do it. If any large boyz mob charges a combat squad, count it as dead. Atleast if theres 10 guys, you have a chance to survive and win combat. Also against orks, use your rhinos as a mobile screen. Since orks can't kill rhinos in close combat without a power klaw, use that to your advantage. Use the rhinos as a fire screen, forcing the orks to go through them before getting to the tactical squads behind them. Personally, I do not run lascannons on tacitcal squads since the missile launcher is free and has the frag shot. That's completely up to you tho. Lascannons are necessary to kill heavier armor such as russ' and land raiders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for t6he info guys, the way i wrote my list was like
    tactical squad (5 marines)
    5 marines <--- 5 extra marines
    Power Fist
    Meltagun
    Lascannon
    Drop Pod

- so each squad you see is a ten man squad, if i was able to write points it would make more sence, sorry about that

- what do u think i should put instead of the storm bolter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id get u some combi weapons for the sternguard or upgrade some PWs to PFs or even a HF for the dread. either of those choices would i be good i think.

+ Reply to Thread