2,000pts with Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

2,000pts with Grey Knights

SM Army List: 2,000pts

This list is intended for friendly play, in my local GW. I face mainly MEQs (SM, CSM, Sisters), sometimes Eldar and sometimes Tau. I wouldn’t expect it to fare well against hordes. It looks kinda interesting to play, and could be good fun.

HQ

Vulkan He’stan: [190pts]

ELITE

Squad of Grey Knight Terminators: [300pts]
    - BC: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    - GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    - 2x GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Storm Bolter
    - GKT: Thunder Hammer (Master Crafted) & Storm Shield

TROOPS

Tactical Squad 1: 9 SM + 1 Sergeant. Plasmagun, Twin Linked Multi-Melta. Sergeant has Power Fist [205pts]
    +
    Razorback: Twin-Link Lascannon [75pts]

Tactical Squad 2: 9 SM + 1 Sergeant. Plasmagun, Twin Linked Multi-Melta. Sergeant has Power Fist [205pts]
    +
    Drop Pod: [35pts]

Scout Squad 1: 9 Scouts + 1 Sergeant. Sniper Rifles, 1x Missile Launcher. Sergeant has Teleport Homer [165pts]

Scout Squad 2: 5 Scouts + 1 Sergeant. Bolter, 1x Heavy Bolter, Sergeant has Teleport Homer [113pts]

FAST

Scout Bike Squad: 5 Bikers + 1 Sergeant. Cluster Mines. Sergeant has Combi-Twin Linked Flamer and Locator Beacon [175pts]

Squad of Grey Knights: Deep Strike by Teleport [272pts]
    - 2x GK: Nemesis Force Weapon, Psycannon
    - 4x GK: Nemesis Force Weapon, Storm Bolter
    - Justicar: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Targeter, Frag Grenades, Incinerator

Land Speeder Squadron: 2x Speeders: Typhoon Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter [180pts]

HEAVY

Whirlwind: [85pts]

Vulkan will deploy with the Drop Pod Tac-Squad. I’ll most likely use Drop Pod Assault, in round 1; especially if the Scout Bikes are in a useful place. This squad can split into two, the Sergeant +4 Grunts with Vulkan, and the PG, MM + 3 Grunts as a shooty squad, capable of anti-vehicle fire.

Unless the terrain is a bitch for DS, the Grey Knights and Grey Knight Terminators will both Deep Strike. Again, if the Scouts or Scout Bikes are in good locations, this will help considerably. Although the Sniper Scouts are unlikely to move, the smaller Bolter armed Squad may well get off its ass, to aid the Grey Knights DS.

Comment and criticism appreciated as always.

EDIT: See the corrected list three posts down

Lord Ramon.

Last edited by Lord Ramon; April 30th, 2009 at 09:55. Reason: Rules mistake in original list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ramon View Post
    - 2x GK: Nemesis Force Weapon, Psycannon
    Howdy doodie! Your Power-Armoured Grey Knights lose their Nemesis Force Weapons if they take Incinerators or Psycannons, which is a kick in the teeth. Myself I'd ditch the special weapons and use the points on two more PAGKs for the squad. Keep the Targeter and Frags on the Justicar but bin the Incinerator; he'll lose his S6 power weapon if he takes that, and that's not a good thing.

EDIT: That last bit about the Justicar I'm not 100% sure on, might be worth checking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

master crafted/twin linked takes the place of combat tactics. Your grey knights do not get the benefit of vulcans chapter trait dealy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Good points folks. List re-posted without said mistakes.

Justicar gets his Incinerator from Wargear. Its a THW, and his Nemesis is a SHW, so he can have both.

Lord Ramon

HQ

Vulkan He’stan: [190pts]

ELITE

Squad of Grey Knight Terminators: [300pts]
    - BC: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    - GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    - 2x GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Storm Bolter
    - GKT: Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield

TROOPS

Tactical Squad 1: 9 SM + 1 Sergeant. Plasmagun, Twin Linked Multi-Melta. Sergeant has Power Fist [205pts]
    +
    Razorback: Twin-Link Lascannon [75pts]

Tactical Squad 2: 9 SM + 1 Sergeant. Plasmagun, Twin Linked Multi-Melta. Sergeant has Power Fist [205pts]
    +
    Drop Pod: [35pts]

Scout Squad 1: 9 Scouts + 1 Sergeant. Sniper Rifles, 1x Missile Launcher. Sergeant has Teleport Homer [165pts]

Scout Squad 2: 5 Scouts + 1 Sergeant. Bolter, 1x Heavy Bolter, Sergeant has Teleport Homer [113pts]

FAST

Scout Bike Squad: 5 Bikers + 1 Sergeant. Cluster Mines. Sergeant has Combi-Twin Linked Flamer and Locator Beacon [175pts]

- 2x GK: Psycannon

Land Speeder Squadron: 2x Speeders: Typhoon Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter [180pts]

HEAVY

Whirlwind: [85pts]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the justicar cant have an incinerator as it is a weapon and not wargear
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, GKs get the benefit of Vulcans trait, read it and weep. His says that you lose the combat tactics rule and all THammers, flamers, and meltas in your army become twin linked. It never says units exchange combat tactics for this, because your tanks wouldn't get it then. It never says only space marine units get them. It says all of them in your army. I assume if you're hanging around with Salamanders they build you some nicer guns to borrow.

My GW has become populated with Marines w/ allied Sisters for this reason.

Second, why would you teleport GK and deny them their awesome shrouding ability. Also put a couple of GK marines as Troops choices for dual Psycannons that can't be shot back, and S6 close combat.

I don't really understand how you have your GKT's posted, but I would outfit them like this:

Squad of 10
    Thunderhammers and Storm Shields
    Psycannon on one.

Footslogging so they can shoot the Psycannon.

They're really not very GKish, but they don't need a transport or to teleport really with shrouding. Teleporting gives you the chance to lose the whole squad without firing a shot while buying Assault Termies an LR to roll around in is a real drag.
    Last edited by TommyMann; May 1st, 2009 at 12:37.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Firstly, thanks for all the feedback.

Tommy's got Vulkan right. I re-read it after the previous post, and I was right too.

Justicars can take 'equipment' from the Armoury. there is no distinction written under the Justicat about weapons or wargear. In the GK box you get a guy with an Incinerator, and this seems anice way to use all my GK models, and be effective vs. enemies in cover when I get there, i.e. via Teleport.

For clarity:

Squad of Grey Knight Terminators: [300pts] 5 Terminators:
    1x BC: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    1x GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Psycannon
    2x GKT: Nemesis Force Weapon (Power), Storm Bolter
    1x GKT: Thunder Hammer (Master Crafted) & Storm Shield

I do not want to use this squad as a purely Assault squad, hence the 2x Psycannon. They are dealy at both shooting and hand-to-hand. High Strength power weapon at good initiative works for me.

10 GKT with 1x PsyC would be 485pts. For a footsloggin unit, no way. They'd be far to vulnerable to pie plates and AP2 weapons.

Grey Knights fielded as FA give me the option to DS and to footslog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pretty sure the discription was in the armory it self. At the very top it says grey knights in power may only take wargear as they are trained in their holy weaponry or something of the sort
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

+ Reply to Thread