1500pts Librarian & Land Raiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

1500pts Librarian & Land Raiders

HQ - 290
    Jump-Pack Chaplain
    Jump-Pack Epistolary Librarian w/ Force Dome & Gate Of Infinity

Troops - 457
    SPESS MEHRENS x9, Meltagun & ML, Sgt w/ Chainsword, Rhino
    Scouts x4, 3x sniper rifle, 1x heavy weapon, Camo Cloaks, Telion
    Scouts x4, bolt pistol & CCW, Camo Cloaks, Sgt w/ teleport homer

Fast Attack - 225
    Assault Squad x9, Sgt w/ Powerfist, Meltabombs & combat shield

Heavy Support - 525
    Land Raider
    Land Raider Crusader w/ extra armour & multimelta

The Chaplain and Librarian Deep Strike with the Assault Squad on the tele-homing Scout squad's mark and do what they do. The Scouts can mount in the LRC if they're not able to Infiltrate into a decent position. Telion and the LR sit and shoot, the Rhino squad does what Rhino squads do and rolls about the place melting things. Hopefully the two Land Raiders and Fearless, rerolling, potentially Fleet, potentially 5++ Powerfist Assault Squad will provide enough targets to keep the Rhino alive; if not I could Combat Squad the SPESS MEHRENS and put the the Sergeant with 4 bolters in the regular Land Raider and keep the meltagun & ML in the Rhino.

It's light on Troops. I don't like that usually, but I figure I've got enough awesome stuff to keep what few scoring units I have safe. I'm not too sure about having the Psychc Hood in reserve either, what with all the funky psychic powers floating around. As far as the oppo having a psychic hood to shut down my Librarian I figure with the Chaplain and rerolling Force Weapon the squad will still reek of awesomeness.

C&C away, sirs & siresses

EDIT: swapped Quickening for GoI because the FLeet only affects the Librarian

Last edited by Frank Fugger; April 30th, 2009 at 13:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double check that you can deep strike on a scouts beacon with anything other than terminators... I believe you might need scout bikes or a drop pod to do that but don't have my book around and always get confused with those.

Also, the librarian with both jump pack and GOI seems kind of overkill. You can only do one or the other in a round of movement I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

You're right on both counts; the tele-homer only works on teleporting Termies so that's a no-go, plus the Gate of Infinity was so's I could teleport squads out of combat and I dunno if that's even legal...

How's this then?:

HQ - 290
    Jump-Pack Chaplain
    Jump-Pack Epistolary Librarian w/ Force Dome & Might Of Ancients

Troops - 437
    SPESS MEHRENS x9, Meltagun & ML, Sgt w/ Chainsword, Rhino
    Scouts x9, 3x sniper rifle, 1x heavy weapon, 4x bolt pistol & CCW, Camo Cloaks, Telion

Fast Attack - 225
    Assault Squad x9, Sgt w/ Powerfist, Meltabombs & combat shield

Heavy Support - 540
    Land Raider w/ extra armour
    Land Raider Crusader w/ extra armour & multimelta

Assuming the Librarian's head doesn't explode that'll give me a Fearless 12-man Assault Squad with rerolls on the charge plus two psychic tests per turn to either give the entire squad a 5+ invulnerable save, make the Librarian's force weapon S6 with 2D6 armour pen, or actually use the Force to one-shot something. The scoring units are still a bit thin on the ground for my tastes, any suggestions on how to improve them would be welcomed. I'm actually considering ditching the Scout squad in favour of another Tact Squad in a Rhino because that's 17pts cheaper, but I'd be losing a lot of mid-range shooting if I did that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Personally I'd make your scouts either CC or ranged focused - if you end up playing annihilation then you won't want to combat squad them, and half of it will end up going to waste. I'd recommend either sticking with a squad full of snipers + Telion, or take 5 scouts with CC weapons and a Land Speeder Storm. Snipers would make a nice complement to the assault unit.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop scouts down to 3xsniper 1xHW and telion, put tac squads in a land raider and convert rhino to vindicator? No sure if you'd have to fiddle with points more, but that's definately 3 threats the oppenent has to worry about to keep the assault squad from drawing fire.

not trying to change your play style or anything just seems like the landraiders can carry stuff, so why the heck not? Slow roll a LR to an objective while shooting and disembark when you need to cap if it hasn't been blown up already.

+ Reply to Thread