2k Bike Hybrid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Bike Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Bike Hybrid

Space Marine Captain 165 *1*
    -Space Marine Bike
    -Artificer Armor
    -Storm Shield
    -Lightning Claw
    Master of the Forge 145 *2*
    -Space Marine Bike
    -Combi-Flamer

Elites
    Dreadnought, Drop Pod 150
    -Multi-Melta
    -Heavy Flamer
    Dreadnought, Drop Pod 150
    -Multi-Melta
    -Heavy Flamer

Troops
    9 Space Marines, Space Marine Sergeant, Drop Pod 235
    -Meltagun
    -Multi-Melta
    -Power Fist
    6 Space Marine Bikes, Space Marine Sergeant, Attack Bike 265 *1*
    -2 Flamers
    -Power Fist
    -Heavy Bolter
    6 Space Marine Bikes, Space Marine Sergeant, Attack Bike 265 *2*
    -2 Flamers
    -Power Weapon
    -Combi-Flamer
    -Heavy Bolter
    9 Space Marines, Space Marine Sergeant, Rhino 235
    -Meltagun
    -Multi-Melta
    -Power Fist

Heavy Support
    Predator 130
    -Twin-linked Lascannon
    -Sponson Heavy Bolters
    Predator 130
    -Twin-linked Lascannon
    -Sponson Heavy Bolters
    Predator 130
    -Twin-linked Lascannon
    -Sponson Heavy Bolters

I'm not a Marine player but I dabble with them every once in a while for friendly games.

I usually like to have at least one squad dedicated to burning things to the ground. So I fit 3 Flamers and 2 Combi-Flamers into one of my bike squads with a MotF.

Basic strats include the Rhino Marines supporting the Predators on home plate and having both Dreadnoughts drop in first turn, leaving the Drop Pod Marines to come clean up later for an open objective. The Bikes are dedicated to hit up any open infantry, generally having the Captain's squad looking for MEQs and the MotF's squad looking for something a little softer, although 5 flamers followed by an assault should be able to wipe a pretty thick squad from the field if the Bikes can make it to them. I'm thinking the Dreadnoughts will absorb fire away from the Predators and heavy shots against the Bikes. Predators will hit up priority infantry in late game with Heavy Bolters if the remaining Vehicles and MCs arent as much of a threat.

To me it seems a little small for 2k, but I haven't tested it yet.

All comments are welcome, thanks.

Last edited by jerry_christ; May 1st, 2009 at 05:54.
    As all men must thank the progenitors, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd kick the MoF out and go with Vulcan if you're going to be so heavy on meltas and flamers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't a Salamanders Army and I like Fluff. Anyways I'm pretty sure Vulkan can't take a Bike although i am aware of his combat tactics rule.
    As all men must thank the progenitors, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Have you thought about dropping a Predator and replacing it with a Vindicator? I find Vindicators get an insane amount of attention from opponents, this should free your two remaining Predators up for a couple of turns of uninterupted killing!

Other than that, good list - I think it'll do well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I like your list alot, but do agree that your wound count is small. A question is, do you have enough firepower to deal with hordes?

I think it will be good fun to play.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ alvenom: I used to think Vindicators were kickass, but when I started using them they either were prevented from shooting by vehicle damage or they missed the target. Maybe it was just the lack of a juicy target in whatever army I was up against. In this list I think a Vindicator would get isolated betweeen the Bikes and the Predators really easy when trying to get within range of its cannon.

@ Lord Ramon: I think I would feel pretty comfortable against a horde army. The list is packed with Flamers, Heavy Flamers and Heavy Bolters, not to mention mobile Bolter shots at 24".

Thanks a lot for your perspectives guys, I changed up the list a little, took off the Combi from the one Bike squad because i realized the Sergeant can't take that and a CCW so then I gave the Rhino Marines a Missile Launcher and Flamer so they can use the ML from the Firing Point and also gave the MotF a power weapon.

Thanks agian, keep it coming

+ Reply to Thread