Balanced 1,500 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Balanced 1,500 list

Here's a reasonably balanced list with plenty of infantry and armour, anti-infantry and anti-armour weapons. Company Command sits inside (or behind) the Chimera giving orders, which itself sits behind the main Platoon gunlines. Platoon squads switch between Frag or Krak depending on the enemy.

Vendetta vets hunt enemy tanks or MC's, Chimera vets hunt MC's or heavy infantry with Bastonne at the enemy lines. Sentinels outflank to attempt to hit the enemy rear armour and can lend support to either unit as needed. Leman Russes provide covering fire or distraction wherever needed, probably supporting the main gunline.

Company Command Squad
    Mortar, Master of Ordnance, Regiment Standard
    Chimera with 2 Heavy Bolters

Platoon A
    Command Squad with Mortar and Grenade Launcher
    Infantry Squad with Missile Launcher and Grenade Launcher

Platoon B
    Command Squad with Mortar and Grenade Launcher

Veterans in Vendetta Gunship
    Shotguns and 3 Meltaguns
    Vendetta with 3 Lascannons

Veterans in Chimera
    Lukas Bastonne and 3 Plasma Guns
    Chimera with 2 Heavy Bolters

Scout Sentinel Squadron
    3 Lascannons

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Heavy Bolter

Total: 1425

---

I have 75 points remaining. What should this be spent on?
    • Comissar Lord to babysit the Company Command and gunline
    • Upgrades such as Heavy Stubbers and Extra Armour for the vehicles
    • Upgrades for the Veterans; Demolitions and Grenadiers respectively
    • Buffing up the cheap Command Squads with Medics, Special Weapons, Power Fists etc
    I could also swap the Sentinels for another Vendetta, which could fly solo or with Bastonne instead of the Chimera. Doing the latter would give me another 75 points (for 150 total). That is potentially:
    • A third Leman Russ
    • Two more Platoon Infantry Squads with ML GL
    • A cheap unit of Ogryns
    • etc.
    I can't decide. What are your thoughts, trusty Imperial Guard forum?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Just the one Vendetta will draw a lot of fire and die horribly, taking another will give you redundancy so things don't go pear shaped if your enemy guns down 1 AV12 vehicle.

I don't like lascannons on Sentinels, very expensive, I prefer autocannons.

Autocannon > Missile Launcher generally, it's cheaper and better against light vehicles and infantry depending on how much they bunch up.

Russes are cheap and blasty.

It looks good enough, but a little focusing wouldn't hurt. Getting more vehicles, more meltas, and more templates are never a bad idea.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I know what you're saying, but I'm trying to stick to a blast theme with the Platoon squads. I prefer the versatility of the ML over the AC, especially because it works so well with the GL. A frag missile will generally get more shots on horde armies as they bunch up, a krak missile will deny MEQ's an armour save (also may Instant Death). AC does neither.

What about swapping 3 LC Sentinels for 3 AC Sentinels, drop a Chimera and use those points to get a 2nd Vendetta for the other Veteran Squad? But the Vendetta doesn't have all those juicy fire points for Plasma death.

I'm fairly (perhaps wrongly) cocksure with my choices so far, mostly because I've bought all the above models, haha. I'm just stuck with what to do with the points left over. Making the LC Sentinels AC instead would give me 100 points. Hmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread