Guard with allied Sisters 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guard with allied Sisters 1500

There's some talk about how the new guard codex will affect people who take guard ailed with Sisters, this is a mechanized list I thought up. I wasn't quite sure what to give the vets, the Vendettas have the anti tank with 3 TL las cannons apiece. Also the vets can fire heavy and special weapons out of a parked chimera. I might post other list ideas in this thread.

Any sort of thoughts or comments, this list is for fun and messing with new possibilities

Canoness 116
    Jump pack
    Blessed weapon
    Inferno pistol
    Frag grenades
    Melts bombs

Commissar Lord 70

Veterens 165
    H Bolter
    3x Snipers
    Chimera
    Ex Armor
    Veterens 165
    H Bolter
    3x Snipers
    Chimera
    Ex Armor

Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior
    Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior

Leman Russ 170
    Camo netting
    Leman Russ 170
    Camo netting
    Total 1454

46 pts to tweak the squad load outs

Lurker extraordinaire

The Tyranid torpedo? Its a giant facehuger cannon. It fires an army of facehugers at the other ships. It should cause fear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Here, let me fix that for you:

Canoness - 116
    Jump pack
    Blessed weapon
    Inferno pistol
    Frag grenades
    Melta bombs

Commissar Lord - 70 (Attach to a Vet Squad)

Veterens - 155
    3x Melta
    Chimera

Veterens - 155
    3x Melta
    Chimera

5 Stormtroopers - 85

Vendetta gunship - 130
    12x battle sisters - 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Sister Superior

Vendetta gunship - 130
    12x battle sisters - 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Sister Superior

Leman Russ - 165
    Lascannon

Leman Russ - 165
    Lascannon

Total 1499

The sniper rifles, bolters, and Russ camo screamed "gunline" in an army which is otherwise an in-you-face hammer. The russes can now advance with the rest of the force while firing. And the vets can now shoot rhinos land raiders while staying in their Chimeras. You'll need the extra AT power when fighting mechanized guard and marines. With the leftover points I added some stormies to add confusion in the backfield. And yes, stormies are worth their points when used properly as a knife.
    Last edited by SandWyrm; May 7th, 2009 at 07:16. Reason: fixed a typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, thank you for the tips, that all makes sense.
    I was seeing the russes and veterans as a fire base but using infantry platoons would be better for that.
    This works better for a mobile "hammer"
    Last edited by krosanreaper; May 6th, 2009 at 17:31.
    Lurker extraordinaire

The Tyranid torpedo? Its a giant facehuger cannon. It fires an army of facehugers at the other ships. It should cause fear.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Another option would be to swap the Vendettas for Valks with multi-rocket pods. That would sacrifice some AT ability, but would give you more anti-infantry punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by krosanreaper View Post
    There's some talk about how the new guard codex will affect people who take guard ailed with Sisters, this is a mechanized list I thought up. I wasn't quite sure what to give the vets, the Vendettas have the anti tank with 3 TL las cannons apiece. Also the vets can fire heavy and special weapons out of a parked chimera. I might post other list ideas in this thread.

Any sort of thoughts or comments, this list is for fun and messing with new possibilities

Canoness 116
    Jump pack
    Blessed weapon
    Inferno pistol
    Frag grenades
    Melts bombs

There is really only one way to equip a canoness and that is:

Canoness 121 points
    - Jump pack
    - Blessed weapon
    - Cloak of st Aspira
    - Frag Grenades
    - Book of st lucius

The inferno pistol and melta bombs are a waste of points and you NEED the 2++ save, 3++ won't cut it.

Commissar Lord 70

Veterens 165
    H Bolter
    3x Snipers
    Chimera
    Ex Armor
    Veterens 165
    H Bolter
    3x Snipers
    Chimera
    Ex Armor

Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior
    Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 164
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior

I know nothing about the new imperial guard so I wont go there, but for the battle sisters give the vet a book of st lucius (this upgrade should be on any sister squad that can take it) and drop the battle sister squads down too 10 each, I would recommend using 1 melta gun and 1 heavy flamer but 1 flamer and 1 heavy flamer is fine. Lastly drop one of those vet squads to get 2 rhinos with smoke launchers and extra armour for the battle sisters. Having the rhinos will make them alot more effective and can add to the mechanized feel of the army. If you insist on foot slogging the sisters put two melta guns in there, if vendetta gunships are transports then ignore everything I said.

Leman Russ 170
    Camo netting
    Leman Russ 170
    Camo netting
    Total 1454

46 pts to tweak the squad load outs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

gauss_storm,

The Sisters aren't walking, they're IN THE VENDETTAS! That's why they're kitted out with flamers. Because they're gonna drop right on the enemy and fry them after the Vendetta moves 24".

They also don't need meltas when the Vendettas, Vets, and Russes are pulling AT duty. Better to go all out on the flamers.
    Last edited by SandWyrm; May 7th, 2009 at 07:27. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

I'm not sold on the Stormies myself. Granted they're guaranteed to get at least one turn of shooting in but with only 5 in a squad you're talking 10 S3 shots in Rapid Fire range. Even with their improved BS that'll barely graze a Tactical Squad, and once they've taken their shots they're almost guaranteed to die in the return. Meaning you've just spent 85pts to annoy a Tactical Squad. Hardly the most efficient use of points. A Veteran Sister Superior in each Sisters squad (giving you 2 extra Faith Points and, best of all, allowing those Vendetta-mounted templates to use Divine Guidance) would be much better and would leave you almost enough points to take Marbo. Marbo really is a bargain, there's no excuse for not taking him in any Guard list >_<

Aside from that the revised list looks good. There are plenty of difficult targets in it for your opponent to worry about and it's quick enough to get things done. I'd maybe be worried about running it in objective-based games because the Troops are a bit light and flimsy, but a Book in each Sisters squad will fix that right up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had not realized that the book gives sisters stubborn, mistake fixed. Also with with the commissar lord giving the same nobody will be running anytime soon. And as was said earlier the Vendettas will be carrying the sisters in to battle.

Canoness 121
    Jump pack
    Blessed weapon
    Frag grenades
    Book of St. Lusius
    Cloak of St. Aspira

Commissar Lord 70
    Veterens 170
    3x Melta guns
    Chimera
    Ex Armor

Veterens 170
    3x Melta guns
    Chimera
    Ex Armor

Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 179
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior
    Combi-flamer
    Book of St. Lusius

Vendetta gunship 130
    12x battle sisters 179
    Flamer, H Flamer
    Vet superior
    Combi-flamer
    Book of St. Lusius

Leman Russ 150
    Leman Russ 150

Total 1449

I can't decide where to put the last 50 pts (or 80 if I ditch the extra armor)
    Most whole units I can add will attract all the enemy's anti infantry fire. Maybe a penal legion, as scouts can let them out flank if necessary.
    I can pass out power weapons and/or power fists but that's not fantastic either.
    Hunter killers on the Chimeras, las cannons on the Russes?

for those without the IG dex If you need I can try to explain the capabilities of a unit without (c) infringement
    Last edited by krosanreaper; May 7th, 2009 at 21:06.
    Lurker extraordinaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Are you sure having a T3 model jumping around and engaging in close combat on her own is a good idea? S5 she may well be, but a Tactical Squad will pull her head off no bother once she's made her 4 attacks. She needs support, otherwise she'll guzzle down those two Faith Points that you should be using to DG your templates in very short order indeed; unless of course you're actually trying to get her killed, in which case the Book and Cloak can go and a cheaper weapon might be in order.

My advice? Don't ditch the extra armour. Really, really don't. Mitigating Stunned results to Shaken is fantastic, especially on light vehicles which will suffer a lot of them. Instead, ditch the Blessed Weapon, Cloak and Jump Pack from the Canoness, drop a Sister from one of the squads and attach her to it, and then use the resulting points to put sponsons on your Russes. For 80pts you can get yourself four plasma cannons that will prove far more useful than some bint flying around on her own.

Or, alternatively, get another Vendetta

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Extra Armor would be wonderful if it wasn't overpriced. Ditch it and spend the 80 pts. on one of the following:

75 - Armored Sentinel w/Plasma Cannon (For tying up CC squads that can't handle AV12)

70 - Primaris Psyker (Extra Dakka that can go in a Chimera or Valk with another squad)

75 - Hydra (For Loooong range transport popping and AAA)

Or ditch the Commissar Lord and take 2 Primaris Psykers. One for each Chimera.

As for sponsons, don't buy them for an army that is all about getting in the enemy's face. At best, you'll waste the points. At worst, the sponsons will encourage you to stay still when you really need to keep your tanks moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast