1500 space wolves, second attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 space wolves, second attempt

Ok this is the second attempt at making a competative 1500 take all comers list.

It retains its overall agressive feel, yet boasts a slightly larger unit number, and flexibility.

I am still concerned by speedy eldar armies, and am hoping that multi assault cannons, and concentration of forces will possibly defend me from such dangerous and manuverable armies.

Changes include, swapping a podded grey hunters unit for a larger more efficient blood claws unit.

Taking a rhino for the grey hunters at the cost of a man and a plasma gun (as i thought the added durability would offset the danger of the plasma gun, and the loss of a model, while adding mobility, and a cool model "every marine army needs one rhino chasis")

Dropping the land speeder tempest for a unit of wolf scouts and a pack leader, as these seem more appropriate for the force and dangerous to the enemy (further protection from fire power armies hugging the backline), along with packing a melta gun for aditional anti tank (that many have suggested im lacking)

Tweaked the terminator squad, adding durability at the cost of 2 power weapons and a fist, making the squad have a more specific role, while still leaving them with enough CC ability to not fear much.

Lost extra armour from the land raider, as i needed a few points here and there, and it only protects from a 1 in 6 result.

HQ
    Wolf guard battle leader – terminator armour, power fist, assault cannon = 125
    Venerable dreadnought – assault cannon, extra armour, smoke launchers = 163
    Drop pod = 35

TROOPS
    Blood claws – 9 – 2 power fists, flamer = 156
    Drop Pod = 35
    Grey hunters – 7 – 6 bolters, power fist = 140
    Rhino = 50
    Blood claws – 11 – 3 power fist = 190

ELITES
    Wolf Guard:
    1 – termy armour – power weapon, storm shield, runic charm
    2 – termy armour – power weapon, storm shield, runic charm
    3 – termy armour – storm shield, assault cannon, runic charm
    4 – termy armour – storm shield, assault cannon, runic charm
    = 220
    Drop Pod = 35
    Wolf guard pack leader – power fist = 45
    Wolf scouts – 4 – melta gun = 66

FAST ATTACK

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Land raider redeemer = 240

Total = 1500

Hope you guys like the changes

Critisism welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Not bad. My one critique is having the WGBL with a powerfist. I'd give him a frost blade so he can abuse his I5, and then use the left over points to change one of the power weapons on his wolf guard to a powerfist. You may think you want to have him use a fist for the nice bunch of s8 attacks, but when he dies before he gets to attack due to some I4 power weapons or bad dice rolling you'll think "maybe I should have given him a frost blade so he could have killed a bunch of these guys before they killed him".
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread