1500 Pt Adeptus Mechanicus Themed Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

1500 Pt Adeptus Mechanicus Themed Army

Company Command Squad
    3x Melta Guns
    Power Weapon (90pts)

Techpriest Enginseer
    4x Servitors (105 pts)

Infantry Platoon

Platoon Command Squad
    2x Flamers (40 pts)

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon (60 pts)

Infantry Squad
    Autocannon (60 pts)

Infantry Squad
    Flamer
    Chimera (115 pts)

Special Weapons Squad
    2x Flamers
    Demo Charge (65 pts)

Veteran Squad x 10
    3x Melta guns
    Demolitions (130 pts)

Ogryns (130 pts)

Scout Sentinal Squadron
    2x w/Multi-lasers (70 pts)

Vendetta Gunship (130 pts)

LRBT Squadron
    2x LRBT (300 pts)

LRBT Squadron
    1x Demolisher
    HB Sponsons
    Lascannon
    Dozer Blade (210 pts)

TOTAL - 1500 pts

Comments?? I plan on eventually getting a stormlord and a shadowsword (i love em both) and have the whole company mounted so thats why i'm staying low on the chimera side. The vets are themed as Praetorian Guard while the ogryns are themed as Praetorian Servitors, the rest of the infantry are simple skittari- cadians with a few modifications. The commander will obviously be a techpriest conversion .

So yeah, looking for balancing issues that could be fixed easily enough, not huge changes to the list. Cheers in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I love the concept. If I were better at converting (I can Orkify vehicles and that's about it) I'd be all over it.

CCS doesn't need a power weapon, stick them in a Chimera. Advisors would be handy.

Enginseer is fluffy if a bit sub-optimal. Some Gun-Servitors would be handy. An allied Inquisitor has better Servies.

PCS could use a ride. Infantry squads could use a special weapon (GL is fine). Drop the mounted infantry (PCS or Vets would be better) and SWS.

Vets are solid, get another and a Vendetta to go with it.

Ogryns are a decent tie down, but not great.

Sents are cheap and easy to drop, go for autocannons.

Don't squadron your LRBTs unless you must.

Lascannons suck on Russes, Dozers too. Keep it cheap with HBs or add plasma.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Again cool idea. A mechanicum army is always something i'd like to do but i've never had the time to do it

Anyway.

The company Command. I assume the power weapon is his Mechanicum power axe so is there for fluff more than anything else. If he's a magos he should be tooled up with a plasma pistol or something similar. he's a magos after all!

If the vets are supposed to to be the Praetorian guard it would probably make more sense for them to be kitted out with Carapace as they're their form of Storm troopers. I'm not sure they'd be able to get their hands on a Valk to carry them about but then its a mechanicum force so if anyone can it'd be them. The weapon options are fine though.

The Servitors are a neccessery evil i guess. I just think they're over priced for what they do but hey it's fluffy. What mechanicum army would be without some servitors? I do agree with ==HIM== though. An inducted Inquisitor has better and cheaper servitors.

Sentinels are easy rules for robots so thats cool.

Leman russ's are cool, In a Tech army i'd kinda hope to see some rarer versions of russ around like the executioner but other than that? I'd drop the Dozer blades. They aint much use unless you intend driving through buildings and you can use the points better elsewhere to be honest. like buying special weapons for your infantry squads.

Just an idea.....
    A good rules 'counts as' for a techpriest magos would be straken. He's str6 representing advanced bionics and servo arms. he's wearing power armour. he's fearless. he's got a plasma pistol and he's toughness 4 as he's made mostly out of metal. Works for me anyway....

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Succinct Bias View Post
    Scout Sentinal Squadron
    2x w/Multi-lasers (70 pts)

Vendetta Gunship (130 pts)

LRBT Squadron
    2x LRBT (300 pts)

LRBT Squadron
    1x Demolisher
    HB Sponsons
    Lascannon
    Dozer Blade (210 pts)
    Okay. Your list is good, I like it. My problem is with the above. You have 3 Fast Attack choices and 3 Heavy Support choices, yet you are only using two of each. One 'Squadron' counts as 1 Force Organisation choice. The problem with putting your vehicles in squadrons? 'Immobilised' results count as 'Destroyed'. Therefore, there is absolutely no reason why you should squadron these! Play them like this instead:

Fast Attack
    Sentinel with Multi-laser
    Sentinel with Multi-laser
    Vendetta
    (3 seperate choices)

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Leman Russ Demolisher, with HB Sponsons, Lascannon, Dozer Blade
    (3 seperate choices)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Thanks for the responses people, just the kind of details I need.

Good point with the squadron rules, I'll definetly split em up.

The Dozer blade is really only on there for looks (I've already got this tank done up). With the WYSIWYG rules, I know you can't have anything thats not modelled, but can you have stuff modelled thats not in the list?

And at Lord Borak, I had actually thought of Straken at one point, and i love the idea of a rock hard, heavily augmented leader. I just couldn't get over his Cold Steel And Courage special rule, making all units within 12" have Furious Charge and Counter Attack. Any ideas on how that fits with the cold, calculating nature of the magos? They wouldn't exactly be inspirational guys to work with IMO.

Yeah, I know the servitors suck but I can't honestly do a mechanicus list without at least one group. Was gonna have 2 before the new dex came out but they're just so friggin pricey now. As are the guns on em. I figure they'll just run along behind the two LRBTs, fixing as needed.

As for the vets, yup, they get the vendetta. The Imperial Navy owes this magos a favour i'm guessing. And I'll take that advice about mounting the PCS or SWS instead of the infantry squad onboard to.

Cheers again everyone . Now I just gotta get converting!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hmmm. You're right about that one. Skittari aren't exactly gung ho maniacs. but you could have it that he's Hardwired additioned combat protocals into his warriors or he's implated combat stims into them. Something like that.

Cluching at straws here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

That's certainly possible.

And, if you could, have the Navy owe them another favor, as 2 Valks/Vends perform a lot better than one.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread