1500 points All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points All Comers

Hello!

This is my first "homemade" list. I haven't played in years, so I hope I'm not way off with this

HQ:

Chapter Master with Relic Blade, Artificier Armor & Boltgun (from AoBR set)

Troops:

2x10 Tactical marines with one flamer and missile launcher in each. Sergeant equipped with chainsword (from AoBR set)

Elite:

5 Terminators - no addons, as they are from AoBR set as well. No customization options there That means 5 storm bolters, 4 powerfists and 1 powersword

1 Dreadnought - Multi-melta and CCW w. Storm Bolter (Also from AoBR)

Heavy support:

5 Devastators - 2 heavy bolters, 1 plasma cannon, 1 lascannon - sergeant with chainsword

1 Land Raider - With Storm Bolter and Multi-Melta as addons
    Fast attack:

10 Assault Marines - Sergeant equipped with Storm Shield & Thunder Hammer

All in all, it's 1500 points precise. Main opponents will be Orks, Tyranids, Tau and Chaos (my buddies).
    We have a fairly strict WYSIWYG rule. Only small addons like melta bombs etc. are allowed outside, but weapons, armor etc. has to be what they are at the models.

Any tips, hints or complaints about the above? And be gentle.. I'm a newbie, when it comes to Space Marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Regarding the devs, you really either want to tool them up for the same job (ie all AT or AI), or take a full squad of 10 and put them in combat squads. 2 heavy bolters, 1 plasma cannon and 1 lascannon means that at least one shot per turn will either be overkill or pointless.

I'd drop the dreadnaught and take another 5 marines in the D Squad - that should leave you with enough to get you an upgrade from plasma to lascannon, and meltabombs on your Captain and two T Squad sergeants. This way you can shoot at relevant targets with all your guns every turn
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get hellfire ammo for Captain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Hellfire is only worth it imo when you're either expecting to fight stuff of T4 or more, paying 10 points to turn a dozen rolls from 3+ to 2+ just isn't economical.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Regarding the devs, you really either want to tool them up for the same job (ie all AT or AI), or take a full squad of 10 and put them in combat squads. 2 heavy bolters, 1 plasma cannon and 1 lascannon means that at least one shot per turn will either be overkill or pointless.

I'd drop the dreadnaught and take another 5 marines in the D Squad - that should leave you with enough to get you an upgrade from plasma to lascannon, and meltabombs on your Captain and two T Squad sergeants. This way you can shoot at relevant targets with all your guns every turn
    If I split the 10 man dev squad into two combat squads, would you then recommend 4 heavy bolters and 4 lascannons/plasma cannons in each squad?

But removing the dreadnought and replacing it with 5 devs isn't viable I'm afraid. If i do that, I only have 15 points for upgrades, for the devs. That's only 1 heavy bolter

Even if I take 4 heavy bolters for the one squad, that only leaves me with 45 points for the second squad, which isn't enough I think. 3 heavy bolters, or a plasma cannon & a heavy bolter.

Any other suggestions? I'm really in need of advice it seems!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

You can only take 4 Heavy weapons in the squad regardless wether it combat squads or not.

A good use i find for devastator squads is have 10 men with sergeant with chainsword, Then give 1 a lascannon and the other 3 either all plasma gun, or heavy bolters, or missile launchers. This way you combat squad them so the serg and las is in one group with 3 bolter marines and the other 3 heavy weapons and 2 marine for the other squad, Then you have an anit tank las hitting on 2's thanks to the signum, and the other combat squad either hitting on weight of shots or templates.

Other than that the list is fairly balanced, maybe drop the dread and have 2 attack bikes with multimeltas, not as good in combat but they can hide easier plus the have the same gun. Also see if you can hide the captain in a transport somewhere as he looks like he will be in the open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a splendid idea zsssmart!

Ok, time for an updated list:

HQ:

Chapter Master with Relic Blade, Artificier Armor & Boltgun (from AoBR set)

Troops:

2x10 Tactical marines with one flamer and missile launcher in each. Sergeant equipped with chainsword (from AoBR set). Also melta bombs on sergeants

Elite:

5 Terminators - no addons, as they are from AoBR set as well. No customization options there That means 5 storm bolters, 4 powerfists and 1 powersword

Heavy support:

10 Devastators - 3 heavy bolters, 1 lascannon - sergeant with chainsword
    2x5 man Combat Squads. One with Sergeant, lascannon and 3 marines. Other with 3 heavy bolters and 2 marines.

1 Land Raider - With Storm Bolter and Multi-Melta as addons

Fast attack:

10 Assault Marines - Sergeant equipped with Storm Shield & Thunder Hammer and Melta Bombs

1495 points in all.

Not much room for a transport for my Captain though. Will have to wait and see, if that's necessary. What do you think of the above?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

looks good if small but marine armies are like nthat when vehicles are taken. Maybe put the captain in the land raider with the Terminators, there is enough room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that might be an idea yeah. Would be a force to be reckoned with, if they were holding an objective. A Land Raider, a Chapter Master and five Terminators hehe.

Thanks for the input, I think the above is what I'll go for!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

If you've 5 points left, get your captain some meltabombs. You never know when you'll need him to pop a tank.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast