1000pts Light Infantry/City Fight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

1000pts Light Infantry/City Fight

7th Recon Company "The Heartbreakers"

Company Command - 75pts
    Captain - Powerfist.
    Vets- Melta gun

Platoon 1 - 265pts
    Command - Power Sword - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer

Platoon 2 - 185pts
    Command - Plasma gun
    Infantry Squad - Lascannon
    Infantry Squad - Lascannon

Veterans - 215pts
    Power Fist, 3x Meltagun, Demolitions, Chimera , Armoured

Armoured Sentinels - 240pts
    3x Sentinels - Lascannon, Hunter Killer Missile.

I know the sentinels are hideously expensive but i built them for the last ed and i'm not gonna let them rot on a shelf. so even if i could have a tooled up plasma tank o doom they're staying!

Thinking the Lascannon squads could do with a grenade launcher or something. But it's a matter of converting the old metal cadians and there never was a grenade launcher for that range.... But it CAN be done....

Last edited by Lord Borak; May 20th, 2009 at 13:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I think you managed to finish baking the cake, but forgot to buy any of the frosting.

You have a very weak firebase (Only 2 squads) and a single mobile take and hold unit. The first platoon probably wont survive wether or not they get lucky enough to use their flamers, you focus so much on ignoring cover but what are you going to do if its a MEQ - throw shoes at them? Also chances are your platoon and main HQs will be dead before they even swing their fists so you might as well save some points and buy PWs for them - this way at least they have a chance of actualy killing something before getting ripped apart.

If I were you I would restructure a little bit. Keep the first platoon but convert it into a firebase -> 4 squads all with plasma and launchers/lascannons. Have 2 good take and hold vet units, each made of 10 men with a flamer and 2 grenade launchers/2 meltaguns - both in chimeras, sergenats can use a power weapons/power fists if you have points. Take a hellhound, the best tank for city fight. If you have points left over keep some of the sentinels. HQs can sit near the firebase squads throwing orders and protecting them from CC, you can throw in a heavy bolter or a mortar for extra shots. But whatever you do, please get rid of flamers in the platoons squads - they are useless, wit the word useless double underlined.
    Last edited by WraithGuardian; May 18th, 2009 at 21:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Word to that.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I can see what you're trying to do with the list. Here's what I'd do:

Get rid of those squads of nothing but guardsmen and 1 flamer. Replace them with a stationary squad with a heavy and a special weapon. Those squads should be built to kill 1 kind of thing, so take something like grenade launchers + heavy bolters for anti-infantry, plasma + missile launchers for anti MEQ.

Then you can take a couple special weapons squads in which you can take up to 3 flamers. Now what I'd recommend there is to take 2 flamers and a demo charge.

I'm not the biggest fan of armored sentinals, they're rather expensive. Now fast attack sentinals with camo-cloaks i can get behind, and if you're doing a city fight there should be plenty of cover to hide in, so you'll get 3+ cover saves all over the place.

And if you take a squad of those with lascannons that will probably be enough serious anti-tank fire at 1000 pts that you don't really need the lascannons on your guard squads.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok I put the Armoured Sentinels down to just plane scout sentinels. That saves me 60pts. Plus the 20pts i was down anyway. I'll loose the Extra armour on the Vets Chimera. This gives me enough points (95pts) for another squad in 2nd platoon and enough points to equip them with special weapons (Grenade launchers?) I'll change the heavy weapons but to what?? Autocannons seem to be the flavour of the month. This will give me 3 squads to act as my fire base. I'm not going to go heavy weapon tastic on 1st Platoon as they're not really that useful in city fight. Neather are melta/plasma against meq. Not when they're getting a 4+ cover save anyway.

7th Recon Company "The Heartbreakers"

Company Command - 75pts
    Captain - Powerfist.
    Vets- Melta gun

Platoon 1 - 265pts
    Command - Power Sword - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer
    Infantry Squad - Flamer

Platoon 2 - 240pts
    Command - Plasma gun
    Infantry Squad - Autocannon?, Grenade launcher

Veterans - 200pts
    Power Fist, 3x Meltagun, Demolitions, Chimera

Scout Sentinels - 180pts
    3x Sentinels - Lascannon, Hunter Killer Missile.

I've got 40pts left.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; May 20th, 2009 at 13:30.

+ Reply to Thread