1500pts friendly real Guard army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts friendly real Guard army

This army is themed around a real army platoon. It has units of infantry squads with heavy weapons supported by gunships and tanks designed to have multiple battlefield roles. Please can you comment on improvements or changes i could make to this army.

Command Squad with missile launcher.

5 Ratlings

Platoon Command with heavy bolter
    Infantry Squad with heavy bolter.
    Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 heavy bolters.
    Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 heavy bolters.
    Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 missile launchers.
    Veteran squad with 2 flamers and Chimera with extra armour.
    Veteran squad with 2 flamers and Chimera with extra armour.

Vendetta Gunship

Leman Russ Battle Tank with pintle storm-bolter.
    3 Hydras

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Swap the heavy bolters for autocannons, they're better, cost the same amount, and they look more like modern guns.

The double flamer vets are a bit odd, you pay points to get the extra BS and then you instead replace it with weapons that don't care about your BS.

Mortars would do well in an infantry squad or 2, use the extra points to get some grenade launchers.

You need more AT, if your opponent kill the vandetta opposing vehicles will walk (or rather drive) all over you.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Got to agree with Kevin here mate. You list is very anti hoard but will lack the punch against anybody with a better save that 4+ and against tanks or 2+save carnifexes?? What are you going to do? Get some more antitank and low AP weapons in there

Give your vets decent weapons that make use of their BS. Plasma or Melta guns to make them a real threat to those termies/tanks/fexes. If you fancy, a demolition charge to be a real ace up your sleeve against marines (Combined with fire on my command it can be horrid). You can always give the Vets chimera a heavy flamer which will give the vets antihoardability. Is that a word?

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Well my main opponent is Nids anyway, so thats why there's so much anti-horde stuff. It could be Necrons eventually, but by then i will have added more high strength stuff - possibly more tanks - to the army anyway.
    Bu thanks for your suggestions, I will change my army accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

That's cool that you are going for a "real platoon" look. I'm trying to go for a "real company" look here.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...new-codex.html

It's 1850 points, not 1500, but for every increment (400, 1000, 1500 ) I just plan on dropping a platoon (the flanking one getting dropped first) and adjusting the support to make the points fit.

+ Reply to Thread