Imperial Guard 1000 point$ help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard 1000 point$ help

HQ-

1 Command $quad
    Bolt pi$tol
    $tandard bearer
    Autocannon
    Grenade launcher
    82PT$.

TROOP$-
    2 Platoon Command $quad$
    2 Heavy bolter$ <- I dunno if I $hould do hvy bolter$ or autocannon$?
    2 Grenade launcher$
    90PT$.

4 Guard$men $quad$
    4 Heavy Bolter$
    4 Grenade Launcher$
    260PT$.

3 Heavy Weapon Team$
    9 La$cannon$
    315PT$.

$pecial Weapon $quad
    3 Melta gun$
    65PT$.

HEAVY SUPPORT-

Leman Ru$$ Battle tank
    La$-cannon
    Heavy bolter $pon$on$
    185PT$.

987 Point li$t. Opinion$ plea$e

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides the fact that I'm getting very distracted by all the $$$$$$$$$$$ $ymbol$...

What are you intending to get out of your Command Squad? The bolt pistol is sort of random. Not a whole lot of numbers for a squad without a transport that will likely be shot at.

AC > Heavy Bolters. Grenade Launchers are fine. Plas and Meltas work here as well.

I've not been having much success with individual Heavy Weapons Squads. Most people just add them to infantry platoons for the better Leadership (8, to 7) and more bodies (10, to 3/6, depending on how you look at it).

Most people will say use a Heavy Bolter hull instead of Lascannon hull to save 15 points, although I don't think it's the end of the world to stick with the LC hull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiggyTuff View Post
    HEAVY SUPPORT-
    Your 's' key isn't broken. Don't do that.

Your lascannon squads will die quickly. You don't have enough vehicles to provide other targets, so all strength 6, 7, and 8 weapons will fire on them since they can't really touch the russ.

Drop some lascannons and pick up Sly Marbo for some ap 2 to replace the lascannons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

If you dropped the command squad heavy weapons and the CCS bolt pistol you could keep your command squads more mobile. This would also ensure that you have extra wounds (lasgun equipped guys who can stand in the way of bullets) in your command squads.

Then drop a lascannon squad, you have enough AT in 1000 points. This all should give you 150 points, enough for 2 chimeras and to upgrade a platoon command squad to a veteran squad! Or you could make it an infantry squad, have a 5 squad platoon, and give the chimeras stubbers.

Other than that it's a pretty solid list.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Yep, the HWS are going to be a huge target and they aren't very hard to kill. Stick them in infantry squads and you should be fine.

SWS are lame, PCS is cheaper and better. If you want meltas, give them to Vets.

Another Russ wouldn't hurt or some Chimeras and lighter tanks.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread