1500 Salamander Droppod Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Salamander Droppod Force

HQ
    Vulkan He'Stan 190

Elites

8 Sternguard PF and 4 Combi-Meltas in Droppod 280

Dreadnought with MM and HF in Droppod 150

Dreadnought with MM and HF in Droppod 150

Troops

10 Tactical Marines with PF, Flamer, ML in Droppod 230

10 Tactical Marines with PF, Flamer, ML in Droppod 230

Heavy Support

Whirlwind 85

Whirlwind 85

Whirlwind 85

TOTAL 1485

My basic tactics are to position the whirlwinds behind cover and bombard the enemy.
    The first drop pod wave will consist of the dreadnoughts and either a tact squad or the sterngaurd squad. The rest will drop when able and rapid fire all they can.

I also have Assaulty Terminators and i dont mind trading out dreadnoughts for them. I also have another unit of tacts that are identical to the ones already in the list. Alternative Hq choices are a Librarian and Pedro. Maybe even downgrade teh HF on the dreddies to save points.

Tell me what would be an effective army that makes use of the rapid fire weaponary of the tacts and stern, the horde killing of the whirlwinds and the CC/Antitank of dreads or TH|SS Termies.

The power is yours...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

I think your list looks pretty good. I'd probably switch out a Whirlwind or two for a Predator Destructor or a Vindicator to complement the shooting. Combi-flamers on the sergeants are terrific too if you are going against horde. Two flamer templates per squad right off the Drop pod with Vulkan's Combat tactics will clear a lot of space.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

+ Reply to Thread