750 Renegades - IG Newbie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Renegades - IG Newbie

Think its about time to start collecting an army other than CSM and renegade guard is an idea I've been kicking around since Apoc. was released and really appeals to me. With the new 'dex out I may actually be compelled to go through with it.

Well, here goes. Be plenty harsh. :)

HQ

Renegade Militia Command | 135
    Chaos Standard, 3 Snipers, Chimera

Troops

Infantry Mob | 230

Mob Enforcers | 40
    Mortar

3x Renegade Squads | 195
    Grenade Launcher, Autocannon

Penal Legion (Brawler) Squad | xx

Veteran (Painbringer) Squad | 155
    Chimera, 3 Meltas

Heavy

LRBT | 150

Total: 750

Couple things I'm not sure of, the platoon command squad is a bit empty and the penal legion squad in general. With scouts and stubborn, though, I think they can be effective objective grabbers/holders with a bit of random versatility while fitting in well with the theme.

Overall this generally captures what I'd like to do with a larger renegade force. At higher point levels I'd keep with this, adding some ambush elements: outflanking troops, ordinance, etc. I'm not particularly sold on anything, though, so feel free to add your input as well. Also if any of you fine gentlemen have tips on collecting/converting a renegade army any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Not a bad list, I like it.

Forgeworld do some very, very nice Chaos Renegade models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the Forgeworld conversion sets look fantastic, but this list has sixty models in it and plenty of room to grow. That's a big ol' hole in the pocketbook.

Would conversions using other chaos bits (40k and fantasy) work? I haven't worked with any guard models yet and have no idea if they would fit well together or actually wind up looking decent.

+ Reply to Thread