1000pts torney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

1000pts torney list

ok im entering a store half term torney and ive plumped for my good ol'marines been a while since they have seen the light of day a new codex ect... so looking throught this is as close as I can get to my old styl of army. Chapter master and the combat squads of marines (with the plasma canon squads staying back) will run for the objectives one of wich will be held bythe scouts who I want to take out any wraith lords or carnifexes.
    Chapter Master
    artificer armour
    relic blade
    bolter
    hellfire rounds
    auxilery grenade launcher (spare points and as a guard player I couldnt resist...)

10 man Tactical
    power fist
    plasma cannon
    plasma gun

10 man Tactical
    power fist
    plasma cannon
    melta gun

5 scouts
    camo cloaks
    sniper rifles

5 man devy
    3 heavy bloters
    multi melta (i need some defence against land raiders and las canons are £££)

5 man devy
    4 rockets

so what do you think im guna play test it this morning and tommorow but i will be verry thankful for your input!

click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

It'll be a solid gun line but it's gonna be pretty slow to respond to threats - maybe get a Rhino or two in there. And maybe replace one Dev Squad with a Predator or Whirlwind.

A couple of Multi-Melta Landspeeders or Attack Bikes might be an idea for tank hunting.

Apart from that, solid list - should be able to deal with most threats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

I'd keep the 4 x ML Devastator squad and replace the other with a Predator Destructor. It would be a few less shots but you'd gain the Autocannon for light vehicles. It'd be more resilient to bolter fire, for example, than the Devastators which you cannot afford to lose too many to incoming fire at that squad size.

I agree with Alvenom that you could probably benefit by adding a Rhino or Razorback to your list. At 1000 pts a MM Attack bike or two would make somebody think twice of running a Land raider at you.

Overall, it looks good. Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Chirality; May 23rd, 2009 at 22:33.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x2)

im limited to no rhinoes or razorbacks but I do have a land speeder... the point is that this is a local torney so i know what im faceing in general.

there will be an eldar army 2 wraith lords and two farseers one on bike one of foot.
    (heavy bolters eat eldar infantry and those snipers come in handy)
    a tyranid army with 5 carnifexes and bare bones everything elce.
    (once again snipers and rockets but i also have the heavy bolters just incase things get desperate and i run out of guants to kill)
    a guard army with 6 veteran squads and marbo/assasin combo
    (heavy bolters, frag rockets for main line work and snipers for pining will be good here)
    a caos foot slogger army
    (plasma cannons?,rockets...)
    and a rhino rush army
    (rockets heavy bolters anything realy)
    possibly the outflank steeler fest.
    hide in a objective or in a tall building and spray and pray even if 5 or 6 stealers reach me they will eat a squad before I can help)
    and last but not least blood angels
    (PLASMA CANNONS! those rhinoes need to be beaten early so all rockets ready!)

I would at 1500pts add a terminator squad and a unit of assault marines... these would provide me with speed but hey since there are no chapter traits those lot wont be infiltraiting like they used to...
    but yea heavy armour shouldnt be a problem (shouldnt...) and if it is i have a multi melta lurking in a squad but if there is heavy armour the bolters wont be able to do much any who...

am i paying to much for my HQ? I mean 195pts is alot (he was at 170 but i had 25pts spare and I didnt fanct one more scout...) I could drop the scouts for a land speeder i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is alot of points in HQ considering he doesn't really have a squad to be attached to effectively. If you're going for the gun-line look, seems you should take a cheap HQ and invest in more guns.
    Is he a contingincy plan in case someone gets to your lines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x2)

he realy is made to lead a 5 man squad with the powerfist and melta so the unit has some real combat potential in the case of a kill point mission then he will run around towards the flank he is needed...

so yea maybee he is...

Im thinking about droping the scouts and giveing him a jump pack... to join a unit of assault marines. But i would have to drop something elce to and he obviously couldnt hold objectives...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer madman View Post
    am i paying to much for my HQ? I mean 195pts is alot (he was at 170 but i had 25pts spare and I didnt fanct one more scout...) I could drop the scouts for a land speeder i guess...
    He is nearly 20% of your points. What are you looking for in your HQ? Are you taking the Master for the Orbital bombardment and if anything nasty gets in your lines? If not you could downgrade to a Captain or instead take a MotF for the Bolster defenses and/or Conversion beamer.

Edit: Just got my own question answered in the above post. That'll teach me to not leave the computer for 15 min and not check for replies before I post!
    Last edited by Chirality; May 23rd, 2009 at 22:47.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the Assault marines with your captain would make him more useful, though I find if I take a 5 man assault squad it always gets wiped out (being the only assault oriented unit). But you'd know better what you're facing and if it'll work.

Do you have a predator with autocannon and heavy bolters? And does your landspeeder have a multimelta? If so I'd take that over your 1st dev. squad. If anyone can shoot those devies you lose effectiveness right away since they're only 5 man squads. I know I would...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x2)

yea i will have to think about that...

im on holiday till the day before the torney from 10:20 so this will be my last post till wednesday but i willbe playtesting while on hols so i will test both the orrigional list and the modified lists...

cheers for the ideas food for thought...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

If you can't get any transport, then I don't think there's much else you can really do - it's a good list, just slow.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread