First 1500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 1500pt list

This is my first 1500pt list. I'm playing ab buddy of mine who is also SM. I have aq good hunch he is taking to LR but even if not he usually gos vehicle heavy.

HQ:
    Captain: power weapon, storm bolter, artificer arounr.

Chaplain: jetpack, digital weapons.

Elite:
    Dreadnaught: Twin linked lascannon, CCW with heavy flamer.

Troops:
    Tactical squad x3: (10 ) flamer, lascannon, sgt has PF.
    (2) one with storm bolter. The other will have storm bolter and hunter killer missle.

Fast attack:
    Assualt squad: (10 ) 2 flamers, Sgt has PF.

Land speeder: heavy bolter.

Heavy support:
    Predator: twinlinked las cannon, heavy bolter sponsons, storm bolter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey roger that. Nice looking army u got there. There are just a couple of ajustments to make it perfect.

HQ- If you want to to make ur assult squad very very strong try to use some points to get your captain a jumpack and meltabombs. This would really pack a punch to the assult squad with your captain gaining the chapies liturgy of battle skills and all that .

Elites- Looks good, if you can a termi squad is good, just the standard 5 men with assul cannon ot cyclone missile.

Troops- If u want slit up ur tac squads into comabt squads with your lassie and 4 men at the bck shooting and your Power fisted sarge and flamers assulting.
    All good.

Fast- Good but I reccomend that landspeeder gets multimelta

HEAVY- I reccomend that u shouldnt take heavy bolters with lascannons. try to stick with one type (anti horde or anti tank)

So far so good man Good luck with ur battles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Not a bad list at at all. Giving your Captain a jump pack would be good like Warmaster4 suggested. I would try to pick up a Relic blade also by possibly dropping the artificer armor or lascannon from a tactical squad.

What are your plans for the Dreadnought? Unless your opponent gets close to you he'll be walking and only firing one weapon a turn rendering the heavy flamer possibly useless. Would a ML in place of the DCCW be a better option for you for a two heavy weapon firing platform? Barring that, add a MM and Drop pod him on top of your friends LR and hopefully blow it up first turn.

Tactical squads are good. I'd change one of the lascannon squads to MM and give the squad a meltagun for AT. You have a Hunter-killer missile launcher paid for so I assume there are Rhinos?

Assault squad is good. I agree with Warmaster4, a MM on the landspeeder would be good.

I'd probably go with the Predator Destructor variant. You've got a lot of AT already.

Let us know how your game goes.
    Last edited by Chirality; May 26th, 2009 at 15:10.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I ended up playing the game today when I thought I had week to tweak my list. Sadly he didn't take any LRs but did take two predators (one destroyed other couldn't kill anything). I changed my list alil before game and dropped one tac squad and the land speeder and all vehicle upgrades for a terminator squad with an assualt cannon, which was a epic fail but was my first use of them and deep striking as well. Games ended up a draw with us playing annilahtion. since me and my buddy are still new to the game (him to 5th edition and me to it all). All in all I learned some and do need to work on lists better. And much thanks for the advice I can see where it would have worked for me once I played.
    Last edited by rogerthat; May 26th, 2009 at 17:53.

+ Reply to Thread