My New 1000 point army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New 1000 point army.

Hi all just posting my new 1000 point army, i'm won 8 battles and drawn 5 and no loses yet. please reveiw and please tell what would i need to make it better

HQ
    Chapter Master
    -Artificer Armour
    -Relic Blade
    -Storm Sheild
    -Digital Weapon

Troops
    Scouts 5
    -All Snipers
    -All Camo Cloaks

Space Marines 10
    -flamer/meltagun (depends on enermy
    -sargent with boltgun and powerfirst

Elites
    Terminators 10
    -All lighting Claws

Heavy
    Predator 1
    -all lascannon upgrade
    -searchlight

Devestators 5
    -2 Lascannons, 2 rockets
    or
    -3 Rockets,1 Lascannon or heavy bolter

There, I AM sorry but i didn't have codex with me at time but this is 1000 points but i think it may be under.

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination!
    (")_(")

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would sugest a cheap HQ at 1000 point level. Cheap librarian or chaplin would be my favourite.

Elites: A little OTT but certainly fun. Deffinatly reccomend 2-4 TH/SS mixed in with them. What would happen if an enemy dread locked 10 L-Claw termies in combat? Also the mix of stormshields alows you to allocate AP2 wounds to TH/SS men and other hits to L-claw guys.

Troops: Scouts could take the heavy bolter maybe. Tac squad should take the free missile launcher or even pay for the plasma cannon or lascannon.

Heavy: Preds are more points efficient with AC+2LC. Besides this is your only tank so it will attract all the enemy fire. Drop the Devastators for a second pred or a vindicator or swap them to a LC+Plasma gun Tac squad who would perform a simillar role but count as scoring and have 10 bodies for absorbing punnishment.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I find that against lightly armoured enemies giving Scouts a HBolter w/ Hellfire Shells is a bargain for only 10 points.

I always take a heavy weapon for the TacSquad, even if I plan on moving them as 1 or 2 less bolter shots will rarely swing the game, but a well placed missile might.

I'd be wary of taking 10 terminators with only 1000 points, I think you'd be best only taking 5 and then scraping the points needed to get a Land Raider to deliver them in. You could drop the lascannon sponsons on the Pred to pay for the difference, and if you take the lascannon LR variant you won't be losing out on much firepower.

Devs are looking good (i'd go with the 2xLC, 2xML option), and any spare points I'd spend on more sniper scouts.

Unlike MadCat I quite like having a tooled up Chapter Master, even at low points like this - it just means he'll have one hell of a punch to him compared to your opponents HQ. As long as you keep him with a squad (in this case the Terms, in a LR for preference) you should be ok.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

First, Id definitely add some TH/SS Terminators. As Madcat pointed out, if you get locked into combat with a Dreadnought, for example, a 105 pt model just tied up 400 pts of Terminators.

Second, Id take the free heavy weapon for your Tactical squad. A heavy bolter or missile launcher depending on what you play.

If you are going to stick with the Devastators 2xLC, 2xML or 4xML would be just fine. Otherwise, Id go for a Vindicator and buy a lascannon for the Tactical squad.

As far as the HQ goes, Im not a big fan of tooled up HQs in small games, but hey, if it works for you roll with it. Id probably get a Chaplain instead and stick him with the Terminators though. Re-rolling misses on the charge is nice, especially with Assault Terminators. With any saved points you could get a ML or heavy bolter w/ hellfire rounds for the scouts or a Rhino/Razorback for the Tactical squad.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for surgestions but i forgot to point things out

1. my army is almost 1000 points but i think i could fit a scout with heavybolter.
    2. my chapter master is with my tactical squad so heavy weapons i don't use since they are on the move.

And then to the what i think about your suggestions
    3. I'm not taking TH/SS because alot of reasons.
    4. if there was a dreadnought it would have died already from fire from both Devasators AND predator.
    5. CM is expensive in points but gets the job done.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination!
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread