1,500pts need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500pts need help

hi ive made a new space marine army (duuhhhh) and i need help i will mainly be fighting an ork army that uses a few good upgrades like rokkits and lots of nobs so I NEED HELP but here it is:-

HQ

Space Marine Captain with Articifer Armour, Boltgun and Chainsword: 115pts

Space Marine Captain with Articifer Armour, Plasma Pisol and Chainsword: 130pts

Troops

10 Tactical Marines with Missile Launcher, Flamer and a Chainsword for the Sergeant: 170pts

10 Tactical Marines with Missile Launcher, Flamer, Chainsword for Sergeant and a Rhino: 205pts

5 Scouts with Combat Blade, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun and Heavy Bolter: 85pts

Elites

5 Terminators with Storm Bolters, Power Fists and a Power Sword for the Sergeant: 200pts

Dreadnought with Multi-Melta and a Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapon (with built-in heavy flamer): 115pts

Fast Attack

5 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords: 100pts

Attack Bike with Multi-Melta: 50pts

Land Speeder with Assault Cannon and Multi-Melta: 100pts

Heavy Support

10 Devastators with Multi-Melta, Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher: 215pts

TOTAL: 1500pts

PLEASE:- Can I ONLY have constructive criticism not someone saying "Ooh that's a rubbish army my army is better" because it doesn't help at ALL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey mate how u doin.

That army looks good there.

I would reccommend you getting another tactical squad, and even a full assult squad with a chaplain. That would be awsome. I would also suggst that u get another rhino. IMO all tac squads need rhinos.

For scouts, YOU MUST use it as one purpose only. If youwant Close comabt the CC weapons are a must but dont put different uses all in one squad.

For your devi squad I would reccommend you not having heavy weapons with different ranges. I would swithch the 2 missile launchers in your tac squads nd use them in the devie squad and put ur multi melta and heavy bolter in the tac squads.

Now you get the fun of having 3 missie shots at 48" range. If u can even add another missile or even a lascannon for a punch.

Alrighty there u go GOOD LUCK

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Having Captains without Power Weapons is like having jamless doughnuts. Sure, they're still edible but you're missing the point! (please note I am not suggesting eating a Space Marine Captain). And two of them? Why?

In fact you should really give all characters and squad leaders power weapons where you can, and preferably power fists in your squads. It makes one hell of a difference should you get into CC.

Swap the Rhino for a Razorback, you're not going to want the missile launcher travelling when it could be shooting, and this way you get a TL-Heavy Bolter for only 5 points. Also consider Extra Armour, pretty much essential if you don't want your attack to stall due to a lucky glancing hit.

You can get an Assault Cannon for those Terminators, well worth the points.

Assault Squads really need to be 10 models if you want some of them to survive long enough to get in the fight.

Devestators work best when either all armed for the same target (i.e. anti-infantry, or anti-tank), or armed with 2 of each and split into combat squads. Currently you've 1 of each and the missile launcher which can do a bit of both. I'd drop the MM (range is a bit small), and buy one more each of HB and ML.

To fund all of these upgrades I'd drop one of your captains, and maybe the Attack Bike if you're still short of points.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Greeting!

I'd drop one of the Captains and give the other at least a power weapon or relic blade. Unless you plan on attaching him to a combat squad you may as well get a jump pack on him and have him join the assault squad.

Your tactical squads are okay, but I'd recommend getting power weapons or powerfists for the sergeants. Getting a Razorback for the heavy bolter as Realitycheque suggested isn't a bad idea either. Also, I think it'd be beneficial to have your scouts with all sniper rifles and a heavy bolter. The points from dropping one Captain can pay for most if not all of this.

Terminators are good, buy an assault cannon if you've got the points. It'll pay for itself fairly quickly.

I'd definitely max out the Assault squad if you can. I'd keep the Attack bike and drop the Land speeder and use the points to add more marines to the Assault squad and a flamer or two, especially if you face a lot of horde.

Going for all of one weapon type for the Devastators if you can, like 4 x ML for example, will give you better results that a hodgepodge of varying ranges and strengths for heavy weapons. Or, perhaps 2 x plasmacannon, 2 x ML. It's got decent range and can tackle both hordes and vehicles.

Cheers and good luck!
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the help!! I'll see how I could put all your help in one really good army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting another battleforce so another rhino, more taccies, scouts and assaulters. I'll see what I can do, I think I'm gonna make a 4 x ML devi squad, and add the extra heavys to the taccies
    Space Marines: 4,000pts - 7/7/2
    Imperial Guard: Under Construction...

+ Reply to Thread