2000pt List - New to IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt List - New to IG

Hey all, I'm starting up an IG army and wanted to post up a list to get feedback before I start tossing money around. Take a look and let me know what you think. I really have no idea how they play, but I'm thinking static HQ, block of troops moving up, arty dropping, and sents/valks flanking and harrassing.

CCS - Will remain static if possible.
    1 x Autocannon
    2 x Sniper
    1 Astropath
    1 Master of Ord
    1 Officer of the Fleet
    2 Bodyguards
    Carapace

TROOPS

Platoon A
    PCS
    JO - Power Weapon
    Commissar - Power Weapon
    2x GL
    2x Plasmagun

Squad 1
    1x GL
    Squad 2
    1x GL
    Hvy. Squad 1
    3x Heavy Bolter

Vet. Squad 1 - Drive around and roast infantry
    Grenadiers
    3x Flamer
    Chimera

Vet. Squad 2 - Drive around and pop armor/MEQ
    Grenadiers
    3x Plasmagun
    Chimera

Vet. Squad 3 - Will be joined by Bastonne in a Valk to aid Harker/grab OBs
    Grenadiers
    1x Meltagun
    2x Flamer

Vet. Squad 4 - Will be joined by Harker - sit on OBs
    3x Sniper Rifle
    1x Autocannon

Valkyrie Squadron - 1 Transport, 2 - Harrassers
    3x Lascannon
    3x Rocket Pods

Scout Sentinal Squadron - Flankers
    3x Lascannon

Ordnance Battery - Blast template I guess, seemed like I need some more armor than 2 Chimeras
    3x Griffon

Harker

Bastonne

Total = 1985

Don't be gentle. 3 vet squads will be made out of Kasrkins and one from Catachan. At this time I only have Kasrkins and 5 Sentinels, so my purchaes will be based off your input. I want to use Steel Legion for my troops. I'm pretty dead set on that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

So you want to try out the airborne-mechanized theme? Rather than give specifics, let me offer some pointers. First off, your vets will die quickly if they don't get a lot of support, particularly when they move in close. Retool the infantry platoon to have more heavy weapons--nothing weaker (or shorter-ranged) than an autocannon. Second, your list depends almost completely on the Valkyries, which are easy pickings for an opposing army. I strongly recommend replacing at least one Griffon with a Russ tank to try and take some of the antitank heat off of them. Third, if you're playing a close-quarters type of Guard army at the 2,000 points level then you would benefit from a good CC counterattack squad. Maybe replace your Sentinels with a Rough Rider squad? RR's will be better able to keep up with fast vehicles than anything else.

Lastly, remember that, while it's cool to have lots of deepstrikers and outflankers, they're not doing anything while they're in reserves...and your opponent will be concentrating his firepower at your CCS, infantry platoon and Griffons. I've seen many people lose games because they put half their army in reserve, only to realize they just let their enemy attack two half-armies one at a time.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread