1500 Balanced List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Balanced List

HQ:
    CCS, bolt pistol, power weapon, mortar, 2 melta

Troops:
    Platoon 1
    Command, bolt pistol, mortar, 2 melta

Squad 1, autocannon, plasma gun

Squad 2, autocannon, plasma gun

Squad 3, autocannon, plasma gun

Platoon 2
    Command, bolt pistol, mortar, 2 melta

Squad 1, missile launcher, plasma gun

Squad 2, missile launcher, plasma gun

Squad 3, missile launcher, plasma gun

Fast Attack
    Vendetta, heavy bolters

Hellhound

Heavy support:
    LRBT, heavy bolters
    LRBT, heavy bolters
    Demolisher, lascannon, plasma cannons

Total: 1496pts

This is mainly a reworking of my list from the old codex but with a vendetta to replace my old deep-striking veterans on the tank-killing front. Not sure how well it will work and im especially concerned about the amount it can tank-kill. also just wondering if i can use of any of the lovley new shiny things to augment it in any way. comments will be much appreciated as will suggetstians on what to add at 2000pts

Last edited by LordDent; May 31st, 2009 at 00:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Heya mate,

To be honest you're list looks fine to me. Theres a few things that i'd tweak but thats just personal opinion. But you want comments so i'm gonna get my pennies worth!

Demolisher: This boy really doesn't need the lascannon. He really is just an infantry killer so the one shot BS3 lascannon is abit of a waste. Infact i'd put the Plasma Sponsons on one of the Leman Russ's as thats got the range to make use of the plasma death. The demolisher generally has to trundle towards his opponent to kill him meaning he only gets to fire one weapon plus the turret.

Command Squads: Mortars and meltas? It's a bit of an odd combo really. The meltas might be better suited on a Vet squad riding around in a chimera or in the Vendy (although that could be an eggs in one basket scenario) Even whacking a vet squad in a chimera and putting one of the command squads with meltas in the Vendy will sort out your anti-tank worries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly i forgot my hellhound which was a bit dim. secondly the meltas are in the command squad mainly due to the models i have. they all used to be in veteran squads and have nowhere else to go. I would take some veterans if i could find the points somewhere...

+ Reply to Thread