1,500 Point Deathwing - Need Help ASAP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

1,500 Point Deathwing - Need Help ASAP

I'm trying out the Dark Angels in a 1,500 point battle tonight, and I think I've designed a fairly good nearly-pure-Deathwing list, but I have no experience with these boys. Quick responses would be great! Loser has to pay beer money XO

HQ ( 130 )
    Belial ( 130 )
    +Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

Troops ( 1,250 )
    Deathwing Terminator Squad ( 270 )
    +5x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
    +Deathwing Standard Bearer, Terminator Apothecary
    (With Belial)

Deathwing Terminator Squad ( 250 )
    +2x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
    +2x Pair of Lightning Claws
    +Assault Cannon, Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad ( 250 )
    +2x Pair of Lightning Claws
    +Assault Cannon, Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad ( 240 )
    +2x Pair of Lightning Claws, 1x Cyclone Missile Launcher
    +Storm Bolter, Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad ( 240 )
    +2x Pair of Lightning Claws, 1x Cyclone Missile Launcher
    +Storm Bolter, Chainfist

Fast Attack ( 120 )
    Ravenwing Attack Squadon ( 120 )
    +Sergeant
    +2x Bikers

Total: 1,500 Points

Origionally, I had four Deathwing Terminator Squads equipped with 2x TH/SS, 2x LC, 1x AC/CF, and 100 points remaining. I did not know what to do with those points, so I dropped two AC's and added two CMLs, freeing up an additional 20 points for a Ravenwing Attack Squadron... but I'm not sure this was the best choice... If anyone has advice on how to better spend those 100 points, it'd be muchly appreciated!

Thanks in advance ^_^

I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks to the lovely FAQ Games-workshop gave us, Dark Angels technically do not benefit from the wargear updates that regular Space Marines get (ie. 3+ Invulnerable saves from Storm Shields), so unless your opponent(s)consent to it, those shields are basically going to be worthless for you. Same applies for the Cyclone Missile Launchers.

Aside from that, if they don't consent to you taking those rules, the severe lack of firepower your list has is disturbing. If anything, I would have only one Thunder Hammer and Stormshield Terminator in each squad max, and the rest having the Storm Bolter and Power Fist.

Then again, if they do consent than all I can say is put more of those in. Although, the lack of firepower is still an issue...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Hmm.. >.< That definitely throws a wrench in my plans! I'm playing against a Vulkan list, so I included the two TH/SS per squad to absorb as much melta-punishment as my opponent can muster. That, and two thunderhammers + chainfists because I expect to see a Redeemer and maybe a Crusader.

I don't quite know what else to expect, except that he's revamped his Vulkan list to be mechanized. I'm hoping that means Drop Pods, because two DSing armies would be a quirky battle!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

+ Reply to Thread