All infantry guard, 106 models, 1500points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All infantry guard, 106 models, 1500points

I've been toying with the idea of starting an all infantry guard list to go with my other lists, here's what I've come up with.

*everything that can take vox takes it*

HQ
    CCS
    -reg standard
    -MoF
    -Astro
    -creed

Primarus Psyker attached to CCS

Elites
    5 Ratling Snipers

Troop
    Platoon A
    PCS
    -commissar
    -grenade launcher * 3

Infantry

Infantry

Infantry

Heavy Weapons - Mortars

Heavy Weapons - Missile Launchers

Platoon B
    PCS
    -commissar
    -grenade launcher * 3

Infantry

Infantry

Infantry

Heavy Weapons - Lascannons

I'd like to try and proxy this list before I buy anything, but I simply don't have enough miniatures. So I'll just have to go with some input.

I'd like to avoid using vehicles, due to the pain in the but factor for storing and transporting them.

Input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Hmm

Hmm,

have you considered how you are going to protect that large number of three model T3 units? After all any s6 weapons will instant kill a Heavy Weapons Team. Potentially one multi-laser can wipe out a whole squad!

Have you thought about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, my usual opponent is 'nids, 'crons and DE. I guess destroyers with gauss cannons are going to be very frightening. Perhaps I should spam more squads, or have heavy weapons hiding in my infantry squads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lasguns by themselves are useless. Put the heavy weapons in the infantry squads, and think about using special weapons. This will cut down on the points you put in heavy weapon squads, which are squishy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt screwball View Post
    Lasguns by themselves are useless. Put the heavy weapons in the infantry squads, and think about using special weapons. This will cut down on the points you put in heavy weapon squads, which are squishy.
    Lasguns arent useless when you have numbers behind it and he he numbers behind it. But I do agree that he does need some of the squads with heavy weapons and all of the squads with special weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post
    Hmm,

have you considered how you are going to protect that large number of three model T3 units? After all any s6 weapons will instant kill a Heavy Weapons Team. Potentially one multi-laser can wipe out a whole squad!

Have you thought about that?
    Cover is the best way to protect them. No matter what you always get your cover saves. Well, unless teh weapon that is firing upon them says differently. I dont know your reasoning behind the Astropath.

Now on the list itself I do think a commissar lord would do nicely in an all infantry list. Its a cheap Kell pretty much and it will work great with Creed and your HWS
    Last edited by Marrius; June 3rd, 2009 at 03:43.

+ Reply to Thread