1.5k all mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.5k all mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5k all mech

I think I finally made a list I really like, here it is, chew it up.

company command squad
    3 melta guns
    officer of the fleet
    chimera, heavy stubber, 175

platoon command melta bomb.
    3 melta guns
    chimera, heavy stubber

infantry squad
    flamer
    chimera, heavy stubber, 120

infantry squad, flamer, chimera heavy stubber 120

same as above 120

platoon command melta bombs
    2 flamers
    heavy flamer
    chimera, heavy stubber, 130

infantry squad
    melta gun
    chimera, heavy stubber, 125

infantry squad
    melta gun
    chimera, heavy stubber, 125

devildog, multimelta front, 135
    devildog, multimelta front 135

leman russ
    heavy bolter sponsons
    and lascannon front

1500 exactly.

I think I have plenty anti MC or termi or w/e I will have my chimeras with flamers have heavy flamer fronts or on the 2 melta gun squads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I wouldn't use infantry in a mech list, Vets would serve you better. They get more special weapons, higher BS, and still end up quite cheap.

Don't put multi-meltas on Devil Dogs, I prefer a heavy flamer. Negates that crappy BS3 and makes it a credible threat to infantry and tanks.

Lascannons on Russes suck, don't bother. Plasma Cannon sponsons are great.

You've spent 80 points on stubbers, I'm sure those points can be better put elsewhere.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    I wouldn't use infantry in a mech list, Vets would serve you better. They get more special weapons, higher BS, and still end up quite cheap.

Don't put multi-meltas on Devil Dogs, I prefer a heavy flamer. Negates that crappy BS3 and makes it a credible threat to infantry and tanks.

Lascannons on Russes suck, don't bother. Plasma Cannon sponsons are great.

You've spent 80 points on stubbers, I'm sure those points can be better put elsewhere.
    If your trying to run a mechanized army list Veterans are your best bet when it comes to troop choices.

==Me== is right about the Heavy Flamers. The multi melta will just be a waste on that tank and it would make the tank too specialized for a single task.

I dont mind the lascannon on the front of a leman russ. It just helps the tank be more well rounded.

And yeah those 80pts you wasted on stubbers could go to a better use.

What else that bothers me is that your Platoon Command Squads are more expensive then your infantry squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem with an all vet list is, less chimeras, and that means they'll be destroyed even quicker because I'll have 2 or so less. I already ran all vet lists for 1.5k, and they performed well, but getting there was almost a problem with 3 less chimeras. The heavy stubbers have actually performed quite well for me, being able to move 6, and fire the laser and stubber is quite fun, and for some reason has killed more than the multilaser did, other than transports.

I dont like heavy flamers on devildogs, then I'll have to get way too close. I have those on some of my chimeras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Utsujin View Post
    Only problem with an all vet list is, less chimeras, and that means they'll be destroyed even quicker because I'll have 2 or so less. I already ran all vet lists for 1.5k, and they performed well, but getting there was almost a problem with 3 less chimeras. The heavy stubbers have actually performed quite well for me, being able to move 6, and fire the laser and stubber is quite fun, and for some reason has killed more than the multilaser did, other than transports.

I dont like heavy flamers on devildogs, then I'll have to get way too close. I have those on some of my chimeras.
    You put up a valid about the amount of chimeras you can have. And at least you have tried a mechanized list with all vets. So I wont argue with you like some people will. I can see where the multilaser helps. I have played against many mechanized IG lists and most of their chimeras cant hit the broad side of a barn. If it works for you keep it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Having lots of Chimeras is nice, but having units that can do damage would be better Infantry don't have the stopping power that Vets do, which comes from multiple special weapons and BS4. If number of vehicles is a concern for you, consider this. In exchange for your Troops units, 7 Chimeras it looks like and the stubbers you can pick up 4 Vet units in Chimeras with around 300 points to play with. That could be another Russ and some Hydras. Less AV12, but a lot better vehicles to run with.

The stubber is points filler really. If you have nothing better to do with 10 points go nuts, but don't cut things out of your army for 3 bolter shots. The Devil Dog can and should be moving 12" every turn, so getting close really isn't a problem. Zoom, fire melta cannon, zoom, fire flamer at clumped up infantry. Just like marine Land Speeders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Having lots of Chimeras is nice, but having units that can do damage would be better Infantry don't have the stopping power that Vets do, which comes from multiple special weapons and BS4. If number of vehicles is a concern for you, consider this. In exchange for your Troops units, 7 Chimeras it looks like and the stubbers you can pick up 4 Vet units in Chimeras with around 300 points to play with. That could be another Russ and some Hydras. Less AV12, but a lot better vehicles to run with.

The stubber is points filler really. If you have nothing better to do with 10 points go nuts, but don't cut things out of your army for 3 bolter shots. The Devil Dog can and should be moving 12" every turn, so getting close really isn't a problem. Zoom, fire melta cannon, zoom, fire flamer at clumped up infantry. Just like marine Land Speeders.
    He is giving up quality for quantity which still works for the IG. If the stubbers work for him I say we drop that topic. No point on continuing it. Your devil dog strategy works if and only if there is clumps of infantry to fire at. They could be playing a mechanized army where there is no infantry to fire at. Let the infantry handle the infantry and the devil dogs handle the tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did make up a 1500 point list, and before for my vets I had carapace, which is almost a complete waste since they'll have cover from the wrecked chimera, or be in the chimera.

This list actually has 5 vet squads, and 2 devildogs, a hellhound, and my command squad. I think I like this list quite a bit.]

company command
    medic
    3 plasmas
    officer of the fleet
    chimera, heavy stubber

vets
    shotguns
    3 melta guns
    demo
    chimera, heavy stubber, 195

vet squad
    3 melta guns
    demo
    chimera, heavy stubber, 195

vet squad
    2 flamers
    heavy flamer
    chimera, heavy stubber, 165

vet squad
    3 melta guns
    chimera, heavy stubber, 165

vet squad
    2 flamers
    heavy flamer
    chimera, heavy stubber 165

devildog, multi melta 135

devildog multi melta 135

hellhound 130

I'll just drop the heavy stubber from the command chimera, so 1495, and slap melta bombs on my company commander.

It's very light on bodies, but I'll zoom up 12, and probably pop smoke for most of my c himeras.

Instead of the hull heavy bolter, I'll probably slap on heavy flamers, my heavy bolters really never do much.

My first list I posted I have yet to try, and it's basically chimera spam, and I do agree vets do do the most damage, which is why I love them, but with few bodies, I'll have to pick my targets and utterly annihilate them in order to achieve victory.

Thanks for the tips and criticism guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
    He is giving up quality for quantity which still works for the IG. If the stubbers work for him I say we drop that topic. No point on continuing it. Your devil dog strategy works if and only if there is clumps of infantry to fire at. They could be playing a mechanized army where there is no infantry to fire at. Let the infantry handle the infantry and the devil dogs handle the tanks.
    Quantity does have a quality all its own for sure, but it pays to have your troops count in a mech army. You'll have less models in a mech build, so you had better make sure they do their job. Chimera spam is fun, but the infantry squads inside can't really contribute much beyond a flamer or BS3 melta.

Stubbers can do fine, I just hope the OP is aware of how many points it adds up to.

Clumps of infantry form when their transports get destroyed, when you push them around with tank shock, or if they try assaulting. That's why I stick heavy flamers on every vehicle, their main weapons do their job, but the backup infantry destroyer has been invaluable so far. Plus, if your Dog is going 12", it can only fire 1 weapon anyway. And the single BS3 multi-melta isn't exactly clutch I prefer having a bit of versatility, so if you have bad luck with your dedicated units you have a workable backup, especially if you have a relatively low model count mech army.

I like the new list, just a couple suggestions.

Medic+Plasma is awfully expensive, meltas work just fine

I'd avoid flamers on Vets, especially overpriced heavy flamers. Your ride can have the burny gun, stick with melta/plasma to make the most of BS4.

Demolitions is an expensive doctrine, I don't know if it will be worth 30 points to chuck 1 pie plate.

Same Devil Dog issues, also smoke is handy.

If you drop the doctrines, medic and stubbers (I'm relentless, I know) you get enough points to field a Russ or some other big tanks. Medusas are wonderful tank busters, Hydras destroy light vehicles, and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, so far the vets with demolition charges have worked very well for me, taking out a marine squad with the combined firepower of the meltas....

Also, about the flamers on the vets, yea its a wasts to waste their bs 4, but I can't take a special weapon squad with a chimera as a transport. I think if we could, we'd all be taking them.

The plasmas have performed well for me, not on vet squas as they'll easily die of overheat. The command squad with medic basically gives them a 2 up armor save.

I threw in the plasmas mainly to make it seem like it's not a brothers of battle, or salamander weakling list. To avoid redundancy. I'll probably stick heavy flamers on 3 or 4 chimeras maybe. I'm going to playtest this list on vassal and see how well each performs. I would probably drop devildogs for vendettas, but as of the past 3 games, they have not performed well at all.

+ Reply to Thread