1500 Pt Lists, C&C please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Pt Lists, C&C please

I tossed a pair of lists together using the models I own, and the models I like (scouts, sternguard and chappies =D), but am fairly new at this, so C&C is appreciated. Made the two lists to play as differently as possible.

List 1 (fairly static)

HQ -
    Chaplain - Termy Armour - 130

Elites -
    Termy Assault Squad - 5 - TH/SS - 200
    Sternguard - Power fist, 2xcombi melta - 160

Troops -
    2x Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.W. - 180
    Scouts - 5- snipers, HB, camo cloaks - 100

Heavy Support -
    LRC - Extra Armour, Multi Melta - 275
    LR - Extra Armour, Multi Melta - 275

List 2 (mobile)

HQ -
    Chaplain - Jump pack - 115

Elites -
    Sternguard - 5 - Power Fist, 3xcombi melta, drop pod - 200
    Dreadnought - Multimelta, drop pod - 140

Troops -
    Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.Fist, Rhino. - 245
    Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.W., Rhino - 230

Fast Attack -
    Assault Marines - 8 - P.W., Melta bombs, Plasma Pistol - 189

Heavy Support -
    L.R. - Extra armour, Multi melta - 175

Thoughts please!!

Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.
    I suck at staying on task.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fangda View Post
    List 1
    Chaplain - Termy Armour - 130

Elites -
    Termy Assault Squad - 5 - TH/SS - 200
    Sternguard - Power fist, 2xcombi melta - 160

Troops -
    2x Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.W. - 180

Heavy Support -
    LRC - Extra Armour, Multi Melta - 275
    LR - Extra Armour, Multi Melta - 275
    Two land raiders in 1500 points? Ouch! I think you've got too many troop choices here, I know you like them but I'd drop the scouts as losing them is less detrimental than losing 5 out of a Tactical Squad. Use the points to get yourself a few more Sternguard, and upgrade your Tactical Sergeants to Power Fists. I'd also consider reducing one of the Land Raiders to a Razorback (for a Tactical Combat Squad) and getting a Rhino (for the Sternguard) + Predator, then more Sternguard with the spare points.
    List 2 (mobile)

HQ -
    Chaplain - Jump pack - 115

Elites -
    Sternguard - 5 - Power Fist, 3xcombi melta, drop pod - 200
    Dreadnought - Multimelta, drop pod - 140

Troops -
    Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.Fist, Rhino. - 245
    Tactical Marines - 10 - flamer, ML, P.W., Rhino - 230

Fast Attack -
    Assault Marines - 8 - P.W., Melta bombs, Plasma Pistol - 189

Heavy Support -
    L.R. - Extra armour, Multi melta - 175

Thoughts please!!
    Wow, you really love your LRs, don't you? Same comment on Troops as before, plus drop a Rhino and put the TacSquad in the LR for an AV14 scoring unit. Use the points saved to swap the 2nd Rhino for a Drop Pod (then you'll get 2 first turn), and filling up the Assault and Sternguard squads (spending spare points on a variety of combi-weapons for the Sternguard). Any points left I'd recommend either a Whirlwind (for killing/pinning hordes), a predator or a MM Attack Bike.

Deploy the Heavy Weapon equipped teams, the Razorback, the Land Raider and the Assault Squad, drop the Sternguard and Dread turn 1, and then the remaining combat squad in DP can come down later in the battle to hold/contest an objective.
    Last edited by realitycheque; June 4th, 2009 at 11:53.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I guess 2 LR's is a bit cheesy, but I like it, since at 1500 points, not many people are going to field enough AT to deal with it =D. I'd really like to keep my scouts though, maybe drop a tactical squad, have scouts hold home objective, toss the other tactical squad into a rhino with spare points, combat squad that into 2 scoring units (one in rhino, one in the godhammer to contest/hold objectives), spare points to upgrade to power fist and round out sternguard and scouts... maybe a MM attack bike.
    For the second list, I wanted to combat squad one of the tactical squads, power weapon + flamer in LR to capture objectives, the rest in rhino for mobile AT, but I like the idea of having 2 pods come down first turn. I think I'll throw one squad into a drop pod, drop the scouts and round out my sternguard with the spare points.
    Thanks!
    Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

For being new to making SM lists I think they look pretty good imho.

List 1 (fairly static)

Since you're looking to make it static I'd drop the LRC and get yourself some powerfists for your tactical sergeants and a Rhino or Razorback for a little mobility, a Vindicator and a Dakka Predator/WW.

List 2 (mobile)

I'd drop the Scouts here and increase the size of your Sternguard and Assault squad. Dropping the melta bombs and PP and giving you other sergeants powerfists will do wonders in CC. I'd also drop the extra armor on the LR. With the leftover points you can bring your Sternguard up to 8 marines. Then, just convert a Rhino to Drop pod and you now have two hard hitting units hitting the board first turn.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
    Last edited by Chirality; June 5th, 2009 at 03:23.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im reluctant to drop my LRC since its such a great way to bash my termies + chap into CC... and dropping the Godhammer is going to cripple my AT. I certianly like your ideas for the second list though =).
    If I drop both extra armours on the first list I can get Pfists on both tactical squads anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

That first list looks a lot like my 1500pt list:

HQ
    Jump-Pack Chaplain - 115

Troops
    Tactical Squad x9 & Sgt, Meltagun & ML, Sgt w/ Powerfist, Rhino - 235
    Tactical Squad x9 & Sgt, Flamer & ML, Sgt w/ Powerfist - 195
    Tactical Squad x9 & Sgt, Flamer & ML, Sgt w/ Powerfist - 195

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad x9 & Sgt, Sgt w/ TH/ SS - 235

Heavy Support
    Land Raider w/ multimelta - 260
    Land Raider w/ multimelta - 260

I've tried this out a couple of times and it runs well enough; the LRs cause a helluva lot of problems, because they're able to sit in clear ground and plug away at pretty much anything they can see (PotMS, you gotta love it!) while there's very little that can harm them in return. The Chaplain and his TH/ SS assault squad aren't the most effective unit in the world, but rerolling your 3 Thunder Hammer attacks on the charge can allow you to damage vehicles you wouldn't normally be able to hit and because they're a Fearless mob of 10 they can be used to kamikaze Bloodthirsters and the suchlike. The only problem I've encountered with it is that opponents will usually ignore the Land Raiders for the first few turns in favour of blowing up the squishy Rhino and puting wounds into the Assault Squad, but if they do that then they have ignored the Land Raiders, so it's all good. Also, killing swarms and hordes can be problematic with no pie-plates.

As far as your lists go, I'd suggest combining elements from both into one. I'd drop the Chaplain, the Terminators, Dreadnought, Scouts and Assault Squad, and use Pedro (or a counts-as Pedro) as your HQ. Take two Tactical Squads with meltaguns, Missile Launchers and power weapons, and put them in vanilla Rhinos. Then get yourself a second 5-man Sternguard squad and kit both out with 2 Plasma Cannons each and whatever combi-weapons you feel like giving them, attach Pedro to one and put them both in the Land Raiders. You'll have a total of 4 vehicles on the board two of which are Land Raiders, all of which count as scoring, and if the vehicles get popped your opponent still has a load of Stubborn Smurfs to contend with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your idea, but the only problem I could see is that there is a distinct lack of any dedicated counter assualt. Sure, sternguard have pfists and 2 attacks, but they cant hold their own against dedicated CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Fangda View Post
    I like your idea, but the only problem I could see is that there is a distinct lack of any dedicated counter assualt. Sure, sternguard have pfists and 2 attacks, but they cant hold their own against dedicated CC.
    You don't really need counter-assault if your Sternies are sitting in Land Raiders. Anything that comes close to a stationary LRC is likely to get mulched (12 rapid fire-range bolter shots and 4 AC shots from the tank itself, plus the Sternies can hop out and add their special ammo to the tally if needs be) and AV14 is great for holding it's own against most anything in CC, aside perhaps from DCCWs or massed Thunder Hammers, Powerfists or Meltabombs. If you're really worried about counter-assault then stick the Tactical Squads in the LRs and give the Sternies Rhinos; that way you'll be able to dump 10 Tactical Marines directly into a counter-assault straight out of the LR.

You could also, perhaps, consider not allowing your Sternies to be charged in the first place...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with not letting them get charged is that they have a 12" ideal range... Dunno, thus far I have only fielded them in drop pods, so they send rapidfire death into their target, but are bound to get charged in assault.
    Fair enough about the LR's in general... I doubt anyone really wants to get close to the LRC.

+ Reply to Thread