2k IG tournament list help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

2k IG tournament list help!

How about this list right here? Total 2000 points.

Heavy: LRBT w/plasma cannon sponsons = 190
    Heavy: Demolisher = 165
    Heavy: Manticore = 160

Fast: Vendetta = 130

HQ: CCS w/Master of Ordnance + mortar = 85
    HQ: CCS w/Creed, Master of Ordnance + mortar + astropath + Chimera = 260

Elite: Marbo = 65
    Elite: Inquisitor w/2 mystics + emperor's tarot = 47
    Elite: Psyker Battle Squad (8 psykers, 1 overseer) + Chimera = 155

Troops: PCS w/3 melta guns + Chimera = 115
    Inf Squad w/granade launcher + bolt pistol = 57 (probably combined with the one below)
    Inf Squad w/granade launcher + bolt pistol + Commissar = 92

Troops: Vets w/3 plasma guns + bolt pistol = 117 (possibly in Vendetta)
    Troops: Vets w/3 melta guns + bolt pistol = 102 (possibly in Vendetta)

Not a whole lot of men. But I feel everything else is brutal. Plenty of anti-armor in Demolisher/3Vendettas/melta squads. Plent of anti-horde with accurate mortar/2masters of ordnance and Manticore. Plenty of anti-heavy infantry/monstrous with plasmas/meltas/Vendettas/Demolisher/LRBT PC sponsons. Psykers are there to lower ld and then shell the target with artillery to pin it, or toast Nob bikers and make em run for the hills. Still considering whether it's worth it or not. Marbo pops up and throws his payload, likely making back his points no matter what so he's in. Inquisitor provides good protection vs any deepstrikers and gives me a better chance to go first. In my opinion a steal for 47 points (not to mention first turn = shelling with artillery). Now the infantry.. hm.. I didn't have too many points to spare. I'll likely clump the nonvets into a blob led by a Commissar to make them stick to an objective. I dunno.

Suggestions on the list? Comments? Concerns? I'd really like to shape this into an online tournament worthy 2000 list.

OH yeah. Forgot to mention Creed. He's basically there to possibly outflank the Demolisher or whatnought. Or maybe that whole platoon for some reason. I dunno. I'm iffy on him too. A Demolisher by its lonesome probably isn't too big a threat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: You don't need Creed. An outflanking demolisher will get charged on the next turn and you already can outflank with 3 vendettas. Drop his unit entirely or take another cheapish command squad like your other one. Get a standard and keep the astropath in at least one unit. The master of the frleet is also decent in tournaments to protect you from outflanks. I would go for one HQ with all 3 advisors, a standard and a mortar. A defensive upgrade like cammo or carapace could also be worth it.

Elites: Marbo is fine. =][= needs a bolter at least. Making him an =][= lord with psy hood would also give you a decent psyker defence against everything on the board. Equip his unit with 3 plasma warriors or HB Servitors and put them in cover. PBS is good.

Troops: Drop all the bolt pistols. Take a platoon with PCS as you have it and 2 squads with AC/GL. Ditch the commisar.

Veterans look good and will work well in the vendettas. The meltavets can take shotguns.

With points saved from creed get a special weapon squad for the third vendetta with 3 flamers or even add some demmo charges.

Fast: Good. Add heavy bolters if you have some points left over at the end.

Heavy: OK. Personally I would get standard 3 Russ. Usually with plasma sponsons but I would boost your troop numbers instead.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

HQ: CCS w/Master of Ordnance + mortar + officer of the fleet = 115
    HQ: CCS w/Master of Ordnance + mortar + astropath + Chimera = 170

Inf Squad w/granade launcherl = 55 (probably combined with the one below)
    Inf Squad w/granade launcherl = 55
    Special Weapons Squad w/democharge = 55 (possibly in Vendetta)
    Special Weapons Squad w/2 flamers = 45 (possibly in Vendetta)

Troops: Vets w/3 melta guns = 100 (possibly in Vendetta)

Here's what the updated HQ and Troop choices look like. Took out Creed and Commissar. Put in 2 Special Weapons Squads.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Just look again at the special weapon squads. I think you must have 3 special weapons in each.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

Edit #2:

Inf Squad w/granade launcher = 55 (probably combined with the one below)
    Inf Squad w/granade launcher = 55

Less Commissars. Less Creeds. Less half-assed special squads. More vets with meltas. I wish I could take some more plasmas instead of meltas, but damn it.. plasma is really expensive.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Less Commissars. Less Creeds. Less half-assed special squads. More vets with meltas. I wish I could take some more plasmas instead of meltas, but damn it.. plasma is really expensive.
    Add 3 warriors with plasma gun to your inquisitors unit. Give them the chimera from the PCS. Give the inquisitor a bolter. Cheap BS4 plasma solution.

Ditch those for 2 grenade launchers. Surrender the chimera to the squad above.

Inf Squad w/granade launcher = 55 (probably combined with the one below)
    Inf Squad w/granade launcher = 55
    You'll need something to hold the home objective in 1/3 of missions so take heavy weapons as well, probably heavy bolter because your a little light on anti hoard. Auto Cannons would also be effective.

Where does you list stand now? It seems like you should have saved a bunch of points, but I'm not seeing the results.

Only take 1 HQ choice, you don't need that many orders especially in a mech list.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would urge you to seriously think about the merits of the master of ordinance.

First off - he does not multiple barrage with the mortar, it is cheese to think he does, and there are several threads on the main IG forum that conclude that he doesn't, this will probably be cleaned up in a FAQ soon. That being said.... he will hit a single model he has targeted less than 1% of the time if he is out of LOS. His aim is so poor, you are as likely to hit the unit next to the one you aim at more often than the one you shoot for! I used to love the concept of the 30 pt pie plate but now I realize:
    1) it doesn't hit much
    2) it means my CCS must stand still
    3) standing still wastes the veterans in my squad
    4) later in the game he is as likely to kill my guys as he is the enemy
    5) I can do better things with 30 points (60 in your case... plus the mortars you can bag as well)

Just a thought....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

I understand that the general concensus is that mortar/master of ordnance doesn't really work, but I specifically asked the people running the tourney. They said it works. Hey. It may be cheesy, but I feel it's very fluffy, very effective, and damn it, it's a tournament! So of course I'll take two 35 point basilisks!

And I'm not gonna be issuing many orders, if any, so that's hardly an issue.

Unfortunately I have no points to spare and the list is already submitted anyway! I think it's decent enough. Wish me luck!

+ Reply to Thread